EMT to CNA - need help from prior or present CNAs

So, let me briefly explain my situation:
I have my state EMT certification, but because of rotating shifts and my local agency requiring full time since it's a all 911 service in huge, busy metro area, it is hard to do that with school. I have been told that in my state of NC I can challenge the CNA test (I have the paperwork and the state board confirmed), but I do not know what is tested on the skills portion. I have taken the practice exam (not skills portion) and passed without even studying. My plan is to be an ER tech PRN or part time so I can fulfill hours, stop taking out student loans in undergrad, and still be able to go to school. Does anyone have any way I can find the skills portion of the CNA test or give me some kind of info on what to be prepared for? It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks! I have tried countless times to get and ER tech job and you'd think my certification would surely fulfill the qualifications, but the nursing managers (ironic, huh?) don't believe so.. only CNAs get these positions. That is why I have to take this very redundant route. Thanks again, in advance. 

4 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

there should be a state-specific study guide out there. after taking EMT, you should have no problems.

You would think it would be no problem whatsoever! The hospitals in my area will only allow someone that possesses a CNA license to be an ER tech. Pretty sure I'm over qualified to take vitals, move and clean up bodily fluids. Atleast the board is allowing me to challenge the test and not have to pay money and take an unnecessary cna course. 

In Florida, where you can also challenge the CNA test, there are 3 day programs you can sign up (and pay for) that essentially teach you the skills you need.  It was worth the money.  Took my test with someone who spent 6+ weeks and thousands of dollars in a CNA 'school' and the poor thing still miserably failed the skills.  I had no prior patient type skills and passed without much effort.

Can't speak for NC but at least in FL they are very detailed in grading it and some of them are very random and you must follow a specific order of steps to complete the skills.  Vitals will obviously be easy but there are more obscure CNA related things like brushing a patient's teeth, feeding them, changing their clothes...again common sense should prevail but they can be sticklers about grading.

I'd google CNA training course or something similar and see what's in your area.  

This is the most recent guide from the company that conducts the test. I used an older version when I took it several years ago in NC. It spells out each step as it needs to be done. Careful of the bolded steps, those are especially important to do "by the book", even when it may not be done quite like that in real life. Hunt around online to find reviews of the different testing sites. Some are notoriously easier graders than others.

https://home.pearsonvue.com/getattachment/856d1d81-6619-4772-8cbe-cf48f491c10a/North Carolina Nurse Aide I Candidate Handbook-073400.aspx

Archived