Doane University Difficulty Level???

Hi ? I haven’t been to school for 20 years. I never took any heavy science courses however I have worked in the medical field for 20 years as a Speech Language. I consider myself to be an above average student?? But I have never taken Organic Chem etc. I am considering taking all of my prerequisites online at Doane University. I’ve heard good things about the program. I’m a working mom, so taking them online is easiest for me right now. At least until I begin P.A. School. 

Has anyone taken their prerequisites at Doane University? What was the level of difficulty? How many classes did you take during each 8-week semester? I think I’m more nervous about passing these prerequisites with a B or higher than I am about doing well in the actual P.A. Program! 

Thanks for your responses! 

I only took biochem through doane but I loved it. I draw on that class more than any other in PA school. It was a challenging course but it was definitely designed for the student to succeed if they put in the work. I put 1-3 hours of work in a night and came out with an A.

The bigger concern for you will be finding schools that accept online lab portions for the prerequisites. 

I am currently taking the genetics course at Doane U. Like the poster said about Biochem, I also put 1-3 hours a day into it and have a solid A half-way through the course. The bigger question is whether the PA schools will take online lab credit. I highly recommend Doane University.

I am also registered to start a chemistry course at Doane University next month and I was wondering the difficulty level as well! Since I'm currently working and taking another course, I'm concerned about managing all the coursework. Doane's course is only 8 weeks long, so I'm imagining they must cover a lot of material each week. Has anyone heard of other schools offering online science prereqs besides Doane and UNE? I'm hoping to explore all options to see which would be the best fit

Archived