Reputable PA Recruiting Firms

PA-S2 here. Still quite a ways out from graduation and applying for jobs, but I’m trying to start to make some plans and have an idea for after graduation. My situation: I’m from California, my school is in the Ohio/WV area and I’m doing my clinicals in Kentucky. These are 4 states I DON’T want to work in. There are however a lot of states I’d be willing to move to but I don’t have any connections. I don’t have a husband or kids, and since all my family is in California, I’m kind of free to move anywhere in the country. There’s a few different specialties I’m interested in (FM, IM/hospitalist, EM). Since there’s so many options out there, I feel like it may be helpful to get involved with a recruiting firm to help find a good position, and just kind of let the position guide where I move. Does anyone have any suggestions for good PA recruiting firms? Any to stay away from? Thanks!

TL;DR

Soon to be new grad PA looking for a good PA recruiting firm to help with finding a job after graduation.

It's one of those things right?  To have the same clout as the NPs, you need the numbers.  But the job market for a lot of new NPs is terrible because there are so many, compared to PAs.  So which do you pick?

I'm more concerned about making sure that the schools have appropriate standards, as the new schools seem to not have the same type of standards as existing schools.  I'll be 100% honest here - the stuff I hear about this (e.g some PA schools not having ANY inpatient rotations) does give me pause....

I just got hired for ED with Vituity as a new grad.  They used to be California Emergency Physicians.  They have their own recruiters and are in multiple states.  I think they also hire for hospitalists?  Great pay, excellent benefits.  I'm still in the credentialing process, so I'm not able to say how it is to actually work for them except that it seemed like their employees were happy at my site when I interviewed.

Have you considered Vegas? Close enough to Cali that you can drive to see family, plus looking at the last AAPA salary report Nevada is a good state to practice in.

Not sure I could stand the heat there. However, they do have In n Out, which is something the east side of the country is sorely lacking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived