NEBRASKA: Creighton University 2018-2019 Cycle

I applied this cycle! Got everything in in June including the supplemental application. No idea how they are doing interviews this year since they said this year is kind of a rolling admission kind of not.

Yeah I've spent quite a bit of time talking with their admissions and faculty staff and it sounds like they'll do interviews around October/November and wanted to make most, if not all decisions by around Christmas time.

Hey you all, I applied too and am super excited that Creighton has a PA program because I just graduated from undergrad there.  I sent everything in around the first week or so of June, but like some of you have said, they won't be doing interviews until November or so.  I really am hoping I get in, being this is what I want to do.  

#ksanchez, I did not have any classes taken at a community college, but I have talked to them and said that it is a recommendation that you take all classes at a 4 year college.  Though, they will still look at any classes that you took and see whether it fits their need to fulfill the requirement.  

• Like 1

Application submitted 6/8/18

Supplemental opened 6/25/18, completed 6/28/18

Interview invite 8/13/18

Interview scheduled 11/5/18

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 6:20 PM, macrizzle said:

Anyone know how big the class size is? 

They are wanting approximately 24, but have the capacity for 40!

Edited by bdmckay10

I interviewed on the 7th. The process was very well done, and laid back. It seems like Creighton has a really great process and program in place. I expect them to be provisionally accredited once the ARC meets again for review. Interview specifics are proprietary information, but I will say it's a great atmosphere, and they covered everything I expected them to cover. 

I interviewed on 11/7, received the acceptance call on 11/8, but I have decided to accept a seat in another program and am giving up my spot at Creighton. Best of luck to everyone! Based on all the people I talked to at the interview you are all very deserving candidates!

Has anyone received a call this week about either getting a spot or being on the wait-list? I know they're last interview round was over a week ago so I'm just anxiously waiting to hear and was curious if anyone had an update besides those who received calls the day after their interview😅

I interviewed November 5th and I received the acceptance call the next day. I have just declined my spot at this program because I have been accepted into another program. I loved Creighton environment, so for those attending this program, congrats! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By hy0914
      DON'T MISS THIS AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ABOUT APPLYING TO PA SCHOOL!
      Greetings Future PA! You are invited to the 3rd Annual Pre-PA Conference at Loma Linda University! Spend the afternoon with Faculty, PAs, and the Classes of 2020 & 2021 for workshops, ultrasound & intubation skills labs, and information sessions designed to guide your path to becoming a Physician Assistant. Come learn more about this profession and let us show you how to create a competitive application for PA school!

LLU PA Program Admissions Representatives will be in attendance! Past attendees have been accepted to LLU's PA program. Lunch is complimentary and we will also be giving away prizes

Visit our eventbrite page for additional information and tickets! 
      https://www.eventbrite.com/e/llus-3rd-annual-pre-pa-conference-registration-85925681025

• By Allison0423
      Hello! I saw a thread hadn't been created for U of M. They're accepting applications starting next year and will have their first class starting in 2020. Anyone else interested in this program or have any insight? I was mostly wondering if anyone has experiences with Flint and the safety aspect. Thanks!
    • By Allison0423
      Hey guys! Just wanted to start a thread for anyone looking at Concordia University that is opening in Ann Arbor. They're taking their first class starting 2019 but don't even have pre-reqs up yet so I was just curious if anyone else was looking at this or had any info on it. Thanks!
    • By Coffi025
      Hi! Anyone out there applying this cycle for UNMC?
    • By alc1993
      Looking for any insight into my situation:

I applied to 10+ PA programs this cycle, interviewed at 3, have been accepted to 1, and have not heard from about 4 other schools at all yet.

The program I was accepted to just got put on probation

overall GPA: 3.45
      Science GPA 3.3 
      pre-req GPA : close to 4.0 

Have about 1600 and counting hours as ED scribe
      Have about 75 hours shadowing PAs
      2,000+ hours working/volunteering at a summer camp for kids with life threatening illnesses
      Plus another couple hundred of volunteer hours in other places - mission trips, etc.

GRE very average around 302

***Feeling like waiting to see how these other schools pan out is a better options than jumping on the 1 acceptance b/c of the probation issue.

I feel like If I re-applied I would be accepted once I get more HCE etc. since I have been getting interviews, just worried that my GPA may be dragging me down and I don't want to not get in the second go around when I was accepted the first go around and passed up the opportunity? 
      Also not looking to retaking the GRE/more classes, just want to strengthen my app in other ways

Any advice/ insight greatly appreciated?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More