Hi everyone!

Would those of you who have completed MMI style interviews please share your experience?
Any advice or preparation recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I have been watching YouTube videos of scenarios and have, of course, printed off a long list of MMI examples and have been practicing with those!

Thank you!!

They're really not much different than a regular interview. A lot of regular interviews I've done are like 15-20 minutes and focus more on you and why you want to be a PA. Make sure to practice your answers so they don't go over the 7-10 minute mark, and also practice slowing down your answers. Most people when they get into the interview prep their answers with the right time, but say it really fast. They have more than one question in the interview, so don't fill it all up with one answer.  I don't know if they would have a scenario situation, those are just to make sure you can keep your cool. Be up to date on healthcare now, they'll ask something like about EHRs or universal healthcare. With ethical questions, just stick with one side while bringing up the good points of the other side.  I think really the only answer you can prep for is why you want to be a PA. 

Its hard to prep for MMI’s. The one that i experienced was mostly about how you respond to situations that involve confrontation and some conflict. This is really about who you are and how confortable you are at dealing with sitauations. It really does tell what type of person you are (nervous, anxious, confident, indecisive, etc.) i actually got to lead one myself and its crazy how a admissions board critics a person. But again, there isnt much prep you can do. 

One thing id like to mentions is, dont rehearse answers. Its so obvious to the panel when you put together a long winded speecg about why you want to be a PA. Its better to be authentic and confident than have a very rehearsed speech. 

And the best advice i can give is to stand out. Say things they never heard, mention things they will remember. Thats what will get you into PA school. 

53 minutes ago, lccalbert said:

One thing id like to mentions is, dont rehearse answers. Its so obvious to the panel when you put together a long winded speecg about why you want to be a PA. Its better to be authentic and confident than have a very rehearsed speech. 

Just wanted to echo this.  I think one of the things that helped me succeed in my interviews was my effort to be genuine.  I had key points that I would circle back to--little one-liners I had rehearsed--but the bulk of my responses were spontaneous and genuine.

Archived