Hi everyone! I was hoping for some insight on this bc I'm kinda in a rut but I have somewhat of an idea of what I should do. I recently got accepted to a program that hasn’t officially posted their accreditation (claimed they received good news so far) and will be having their first inaugural class but was rumored to have started this program under different faculty before, had accepted a full cohort, failed their accreditation, and those students had to find a new program (probably for the cycle after). I have two more interviews to do, while had five in total and this program starts real soon. I was thinking  of continuing to interview until official word of accreditation and just join this cohort if it'll be my only acceptance. What would you do?

I would do what your current plan is. I would continue to interview, and if I would not get accepted elsewhere, I would join the cohort. Worst case scenario is that the program fails accreditation again and you will have to reapply. Either way, it would not count against you in reapplying. I think  that if the program has a new faculty, it might mean that they tried hard on improving the program for accreditation. Good luck! 

Sounds like you should keep interviewing and do some research. By ARC-PA rules, somewhere in their website they are supposed to say something about their current accreditation. They should have at least provisional accreditation to get started. If they started before and went out of business with a different faculty, you should be able to find that somewhere on the web as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2020 at 8:33 AM, eluch15 said:

I would do what your current plan is. I would continue to interview, and if I would not get accepted elsewhere, I would join the cohort. Worst case scenario is that the program fails accreditation again and you will have to reapply. Either way, it would not count against you in reapplying. I think  that if the program has a new faculty, it might mean that they tried hard on improving the program for accreditation. Good luck! 

They actually received accreditation shortly after this post!! Would you suggest I still interview with my other program? I'm really conflicted in case something falls through with the inaugural program and my last interview is coming up this week! 

3 hours ago, copticmare said:

They actually received accreditation shortly after this post!! Would you suggest I still interview with my other program? I'm really conflicted in case something falls through with the inaugural program and my last interview is coming up this week! 

Once a program receives provisional accreditation, it means that the student can sit for the PANCE even if the program ends up losing accreditation. That being said, I would definitely attend your next interview! It definitely would not hurt! 🙂 

On 11/13/2020 at 8:30 PM, eluch15 said:

Once a program receives provisional accreditation, it means that the student can sit for the PANCE even if the program ends up losing accreditation. That being said, I would definitely attend your next interview! It definitely would not hurt! 🙂 

Seconded, keep your options open!