PA to MD alternative

how likely is an ortho tech to go into gyn?

people do what they know....

know who mostly goes into gyn? medical assts, doulas, and nurses who previously worked in gyn.

after all these years I still find it hard to believe that you don't accept that some basic skills in medicine translate to any field. those basic skills are important and lacking in many without prior experience.and to the original intent of the thread, I think any new grad needs a reasonable level of supervision until folks are comfortable with what they know. some folks may get "let off the leash" sooner than others based on a combination of factors....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
most folks with any kind of prior experience have dealt with bad smells and pts in pain/difficult patients before. that pretty much translates to any field you might later work in.

If you want I will concede that past HCE MAY, in fact, expose one to bad smells. Happy?

I think most people who have gone into a port-a-potty have also dealt with horrible smells... maybe that should be a pre-req for PA school.

most folks with any kind of prior experience have dealt with bad smells and pts in pain/difficult patients before. that pretty much translates to any field you might later work in.

If you want I will concede that past HCE MAY, in fact, expose one to bad smells. Happy?

I think most people who have gone into a port-a-potty have also dealt with horrible smells... maybe that should be a pre-req for PA school.

know who mostly goes into gyn? medical assts, doulas, and nurses who previously worked in gyn.

after all these years I still find it hard to believe that you don't accept that some basic skills in medicine translate to any field. those basic skills are important and lacking in many without prior experience.

Off the top of my head, 2 of the faculty at my program both worked in EM as nurses/flight nurses/medics prior to PA school and both went into Ob-gyn... It really isn't uncommon.

after all these years I still find it hard to believe that you don't accept that some basic skills in medicine translate to any field. those basic skills are important and lacking in many without prior experience.

Off the top of my head, 2 of the faculty at my program both worked in EM as nurses/flight nurses/medics prior to PA school and both went into Ob-gyn... It really isn't uncommon.

port a pottys are optional, no one makes you stay in one for 20 minutes...dealing with the difficult pt who also happens to smell is not optional...

port a pottys are optional, no one makes you stay in one for 20 minutes...dealing with the difficult pt who also happens to smell is not optional...

I would counter than em folks have ob experience...vag bleeds, ectopic pregnancies, retained fb's, field deliveries, etc..I would be more impressed with an ortho tech or p.t. asst doing gyn

I would counter than em folks have ob experience...vag bleeds, ectopic pregnancies, retained fb's, field deliveries, etc..I would be more impressed with an ortho tech or p.t. asst doing gyn

I dont know how many bimanuals you do on flight for life but I'd imagine not too many.

I dont know how many bimanuals you do on flight for life but I'd imagine not too many.

Im a little disappointed my port-a-potty pre-req didnt stick. Oh well

I thought that was a pre-req to get out of jr high school.....:)

but then some applicants aren't much older than that....maybe for applicants under 20 the porta-potty rule applies....

Im a little disappointed my port-a-potty pre-req didnt stick. Oh well

I thought that was a pre-req to get out of jr high school.....:)

but then some applicants aren't much older than that....maybe for applicants under 20 the porta-potty rule applies....

Archived