Jump to content
carlzbarkley

Touro Nevada 2018/19 Applicants

Recommended Posts

On 6/26/2018 at 4:25 PM, carlzbarkley said:

Hi there @californiahopefulpa! I was verified May 22, was told I would hear back 4-6 weeks from May 25th. I received an interview invite yesterday. I hope this helps. Good luck!!

Congrats on the interview invite! Do you mind sharing what day you are interviewing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paPassion7 said:

Congrats on the interview invite! Do you mind sharing what day you are interviewing?

Thank you so much!! I chose Aug 21st, and there were tons of open slots and different date options when I signed up!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taylorj said:

Just want to clarify something! We have to be invited to fill out the supplemental application, correct?

Yes, you have to be invited! Just as a reference, I submitted my CASPA application on Tuesday (7/10) and received and invite to fill out the supplemental the same night. It was a very fast turn around for me, but I have no idea what others experiences were! Good luck ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest SoyLatte

Received an interview invite today! Has anyone looked at the agenda? Looks like the format will be group interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an interview invitation today. Got an Email saying my supplemental was received Jun 11th. I’ll be turning down the interview so hope this opens up a spot for someone!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, FW2018 said:

Received an interview invite today! Has anyone looked at the agenda? Looks like the format will be group interview.

From what I read it's a group interview early morning lasting around 1 hour and then we have "exit interviews" with a single faculty member lasting  5-10 min!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that is how it was. It is a group interview with 6 people in it with two other professors and alumni PA's. That interview last an hour and then your exit interview really does only last about 5 minutes. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Skyells said:

Yes that is how it was. It is a group interview with 6 people in it with two other professors and alumni PA's. That interview last an hour and then your exit interview really does only last about 5 minutes. 

Thanks for sharing! Good luck to you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Skyells said:

Yes that is how it was. It is a group interview with 6 people in it with two other professors and alumni PA's. That interview last an hour and then your exit interview really does only last about 5 minutes. 

Does each person get a chance to respond? Six people seems like a pretty large group. Just wondering how you felt during the whole process. Good luck to you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, at least in the group that I was in you all take turns responding to the questions being asked. Our group only got asked 3 questions so it made me a little worried. I just hope it was enough on my side to show them what I had to offer. I felt like it was pretty laid back and not too intimidating. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just want to clarify, because I was given a supplemental application (7/23) does that mean that I am guaranteed an interview? Still have yet to receive an interview invitation after submitting the supplemental app on 7/25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raiders4sho said:

So I just want to clarify, because I was given a supplemental application (7/23) does that mean that I am guaranteed an interview? Still have yet to receive an interview invitation after submitting the supplemental app on 7/25

I do not believe it "guarantees" an interview. On their website, the supplemental application is under the required materials needed to be submitted to complete your application. Under this it says "Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the PA Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be invited for a personal campus interview"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 10:04 AM, Skyells said:

Yes, at least in the group that I was in you all take turns responding to the questions being asked. Our group only got asked 3 questions so it made me a little worried. I just hope it was enough on my side to show them what I had to offer. I felt like it was pretty laid back and not too intimidating. 

Do you remember what kind of questions you were asked? Like if they were situational or just the typical ones? And how long did your interview last if your group was only asked 3 questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2018 at 12:42 PM, rarPA said:

Do you remember what kind of questions you were asked? Like if they were situational or just the typical ones? And how long did your interview last if your group was only asked 3 questions?

We just got asked typical ones, nothing to crazy.  The interview lasted a hour. Once they asked us all one question  and then all is of us gave our answer, it took up a lot of time. I think our interview was maybe a little abnormal because I have heard of people being asked group questions that are more situational as well. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More