californiahopefulpa

2018-2019 Application Cycle

Make sure when you apply that you have a 3.4 cGPA or above or you won't get an interview. Their website says that you need a minimum of 3.2 cGPA, but don't tell you that they only look at 3.4 and above. 

On 6/16/2018 at 2:49 PM, californiahopefulpa said:

@aceface Thank you for the vital information! Did you apply last year and find this out? 

Yup. I just wanted to save some money for anyone who is applying that has a cGPA/sGPA below 3.4. They say that since it's so competitive applying to PA school, they only offered interviews for 3.4+. I don't have a problem with getting denied, I have a problem with getting false information through their website/phone about having a minimum of 3.2. Could've saved time and money.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, aceface said:

Yup. I just wanted to save some money for anyone who is applying that has a cGPA/sGPA below 3.4. They say that since it's so competitive applying to PA school, they only offered interviews for 3.4+. I don't have a problem with getting denied, I have a problem with getting false information through their website/phone about having a minimum of 3.2. Could've saved time and money.

Wow that is such a bummer! I am sorry that happened to you, but that is so awesome that you are trying to save us some $$. I hope everything goes well for you this application cycle!

On 6/16/2018 at 11:45 AM, aceface said:

Make sure when you apply that you have a 3.4 cGPA or above or you won't get an interview. Their website says that you need a minimum of 3.2 cGPA, but don't tell you that they only look at 3.4 and above. 

?

On 6/16/2018 at 11:45 AM, aceface said:

How do you know that? 

15 hours ago, clarbd said:

How do you know that? 

I emailed the school about why I wasn't offered an interview last year. Their reply was that since PA school is so competitive, they only looked at s/cGPA's of 3.4 and above. They also said GPA may go up next year since it is becoming even more competitive. 

This is what their email says:

Fall 2019 CASPA application deadline = Oct. 1, 2018

Application review = Oct. 1 – Nov. 30 

Interview invitations extended by email = Nov. 1 - Nov. 30

On-campus interviews =
Jan. 10, 11, 12, 2019

Admission notification = by February 15.

$750 deposit deadline = Friday, March 1.

has anyone heard anything yet re: interviews?  it seems that people started to receive emails for interviews around this date last year!  ?  good luck to all!  

Its about halfway through November. I wonder if people have received interview invitations but just aren't on the forum. 

• Like 1

So they made a decision. But you can't see it till you log in to their website. But there's no way to make an account and they don't give you login id/password for a existing account.

2 minutes ago, californiahopefulpa said:

Just got an interview invite!

Congrats! I just got an email but it won't let me login. It says the account does not exist. How did you view yours?

5 minutes ago, adb123 said:

I received an email from them but am unable to log in and see my status. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, I'm having the same issue. Anyone who was able to login, would you mind explaining how to do so? Thanks so much!