GI Offer-New Grad

I've been waiting a long time to post one of these!

Outpatient GI M-F

- 16 patients/day

-No weekends/call/ OR responsibilities

-$102k 1st year

-$103k 2nd year + “Value measures” (up to 127,000 potential)

-$7500 sign on bonus

-$7500 relocation allowance

-CME $2500 + 5 days

-$600 for memberships/professional societies

-License, DEA, board recert reimbursements

-28 days PTO

-Malpractice full insurance + Tail

-Medical + Dental + Vision

-Short term/Long term disability

-Retirement options: I’m not quite an expert when it comes to the options, and will be looking into what is the best one. The paperwork I have doesn't indicate whether I need to choose one or if both apply. Do people usually have both a 401(a) Match and 401(a) Base, or just one? Essentially it states: 401(a) Match- increases over a 5 year schedule up to a maximum of 4%; begins after 6 months of service with 400 hours worked. 401(a) Base- Begins after 3 years of service with 1,000 hours worked during each of 3 anniversary years; 4%, 6%, 8% based on age. Thoughts?

Solid new grad offer. Honestly most of the students I have been a preceptor for have been receiving pretty solid offers like this these days. Would have been unheard of back in my day to receive 100k + sign on bonus + relocation bonus, as a new grad, but seems to be a commonality around my neck of the woods these days. Congrats!

Good offer for new grad, even if high COL. Congratulations!

And as always with these new grad offer posts, make sure this is a new grad-friendly practice that will help support you as you get on your feet: good SP/CP (have they worked with PAs, specifically new grads, before?), good environment, good support staff, etc. Also, review your contract verbiage in detail and have it reviewed by lawyer. 

Good luck!

Congrats! Sounds like a solid offer! I just received an offer in GI as well, but not nearly as comprehensive! 

I did see one of your other posts-- was wondering if anyone had directed you towards any useful resources? I begin in 2 weeks and would like to sharpen up before I begin!

Best of luck to you and thanks for responding in advance! 

Archived