Pending Small Claims Suit and License Approval

I am currently a PA student and a long story short: I sold someone a dog and the dog died and now the person is taking me to small claims court. The story behind the death of the dog is a little fishy and I believe I am not liable or responsible for the death of this dog. However, because I am still a student I was wondering if anyone knows if a small claims conviction could prevent me from getting my license?

It’s not a criminal conviction but I’m not sure what goes into the background check for our license  thank you in advance  

17 minutes ago, CJAdmission said:

This is a civil matter, unless they say you abused the dog. Should have no bearing on licensure.

All I did was sell it to them. Nothing more nothing less. Just want to make sure this has no bearing on my license or my background check. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cideous said:

Yea, it's civil.  I would not bring it up.

It's civil AND completely unrelated to healthcare.  I'd make sure to read the fine print on any future disclosure requirements, and consult an attorney if there's any questions.

Archived