PA Schools with a min. GPA below 3.0 (List in Progess)

63% of there accepted applicants were from Washington, 15% from neighbors states, and 22% from others. Primary preference is given to in state applicant/surrounding areas due to the fact they would like to train PA and have them stay and practice in their rural areas. I talked to an admissions advisor last week at MEDEX.

63% of there accepted applicants were from Washington, 15% from neighbors states, and 22% from others. Primary preference is given to in state applicant/surrounding areas due to the fact they would like to train PA and have them stay and practice in their rural areas. I talked to an admissions advisor last week at MEDEX.

Yes, but majority from WA. I residue in Florida - nothing rural about this state compared to WA and the states around. If you want more proof, call MEDEX yourselfs. I also know people who have gotten rejected based on the geographical location. I know this because the applicant called and inquired about their rejection at MEDEX.

Yes, but majority from WA. I residue in Florida - nothing rural about this state compared to WA and the states around. If you want more proof, call MEDEX yourselfs. I also know people who have gotten rejected based on the geographical location. I know this because the applicant called and inquired about their rejection at MEDEX.

The point was that you said MEDEX "really only takes applicants from their state" and then posted numbers that show that they accept more than a third of the class from out of state on average. Your original statement was wrong as pointed out by a couple of posters. :wink:

The point was that you said MEDEX "really only takes applicants from their state" and then posted numbers that show that they accept more than a third of the class from out of state on average. Your original statement was wrong as pointed out by a couple of posters. :wink:

We've got 3 east coasters, 3 from CA and a few sprinkled between the two of my newly formed class of 27. I'm gonna say their rejection was more than just location...

We've got 3 east coasters, 3 from CA and a few sprinkled between the two of my newly formed class of 27. I'm gonna say their rejection was more than just location...

MEDEX really only takes applicants from their state, sadly :(

I have precepted ~ 20 student per yr from that program for their required 4 week Behavioral Medicine Clerkship for a few yrs now.

These students come from EVERYWHERE.

Just since this past September, I've had the pleasure of interacting with students from IA, NE, Tx, PA, OH. along with students from within the Medex region.

MEDEX really only takes applicants from their state, sadly :(

I have precepted ~ 20 student per yr from that program for their required 4 week Behavioral Medicine Clerkship for a few yrs now.

These students come from EVERYWHERE.

Just since this past September, I've had the pleasure of interacting with students from IA, NE, Tx, PA, OH. along with students from within the Medex region.

Besides which, the question for this thread is which schools have a min GPA below 3.0. MEDEX fits the bill; just because you don't want to apply there... has nothing to do with the original question. This has the potential to be stickied, I think, given how many people come on this forum asking this exact question.

Besides which, the question for this thread is which schools have a min GPA below 3.0. MEDEX fits the bill; just because you don't want to apply there... has nothing to do with the original question. This has the potential to be stickied, I think, given how many people come on this forum asking this exact question.

Archived