What is the youngest MI you have seen? I mean people with no PMH and no drug use.

I had a 17yo who presented with an MI and significant cardiomyopathy. He came to the ED from a juvenile detention facility and hadn't had any medical care for at least 15 years so we don't really know what came first.

Also, my paternal grandfather died at 35 from his 3rd MI. My father takes great care of himself and was able to wait until 56 until he had one...

Last week had a 30 y/o male, non-smoker, no family history of CAD, and no past medical history who works as engineer that presented to the ED after a night of drinking with his buddies for n/v. Patient has never been to an ED before and normally doesn't drink all that much. ROS included some mild substernal chest discomfort. First thought was gastritis however, for completeness ordered an EKG then followed it by calling the cardiologist for an acute STEMI. Patient outcome was good with a 2 vessel cabg. Unfortunate luck I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
We had a 25 yo come to our ER c/o "not feeling right". Diaphoretic, pale. He walked from his house to the ER. Coded at the triage desk. We got him back, but wow. Young. No PMHX, he was samoan, a big guy, but not huge. Ended up getting a stent.

marfans?.....

We had a 25 yo come to our ER c/o "not feeling right". Diaphoretic, pale. He walked from his house to the ER. Coded at the triage desk. We got him back, but wow. Young. No PMHX, he was samoan, a big guy, but not huge. Ended up getting a stent.

marfans?.....

• 2 weeks later...

19y/o...many yrs ago working as a nurse in a cardiac care unit....young man was in college and ordered some amphetamines from back of a magazine to take during finals...he downed them with a beer and was on our unit for his finals...I understand this is due to drug use, but he wasn't a drug user just wanted to get through his finals....had one bad MI...

• 2 months later...

Archived