Is this a good route to go to get into PA school?

Okay, so I've been doing some research on Physician Assistants and PA schools and different routes to go about doing so. When I first applied to college I was a nursing major but changed it to Gen Ed because I thought I wanted to go into education, but nursing/medical field has stayed on my mind as I was pretty well set on becoming a nurse. I'm still in my first semester at a community college (I was going to complete my first year at community college and then transfer to a 4-year university) so it wouldn't be too hard to change my major; I've only taken the basic classes, i.e math, English, and a few classes to go along with my degree program, so I'm not that far along into it. I've recently learned about and became interested in the Physician Assistant career option and I'm wondering the best way to go about getting into PA school in the future. I know I could major in nursing and then apply to PA school, but I would still need to try to get 2000 (or more) hours. So I was thinking of changing my major to A.A.S- Emergency Medical Science, Paramedic Track, and then working as a Paramedic for a few years to get the sometimes required 2000 hours and then apply to PA school.

I guess my question is, would I be able to get into PA school after getting my Associates degree in EMS- Paramedic Track or do I need to obtain a 4 year nursing degree and then apply to PA school? 

option #3 (what I did): get BS  degree then get paramedic certification.

It really depends what interests you. you need hce. just figure out what you could see yourself doing for a few years if you don't get in on the first round. either rn or paramedic are excellent routes to pa school.

you pretty much need a bs to apply to pa school at this point. that does not exclude any particular hce.

Archived