My stats.

Hey I applied there and had an interview but declined it. I think your stats are good but your big weak point is that you don't have any paid health care experience hours. My GPA was pretty similar to yours, I had about 1/3 the shadowing hours and only about 5-10 volunteering hours. The only other difference was I have a couple years worth of paid HCE. I'd say you have a good chance but the HCE is going to be your sticking point.

Hey I applied there and had an interview but declined it. I think your stats are good but your big weak point is that you don't have any paid health care experience hours. My GPA was pretty similar to yours, I had about 1/3 the shadowing hours and only about 5-10 volunteering hours. The only other difference was I have a couple years worth of paid HCE. I'd say you have a good chance but the HCE is going to be your sticking point.

Do you know if its hard to get in Western?

It's hard to get into any PA school. :)

Get more diverse volunteer experiences

Highly consider pursuing a certificate/opportunity that will provide direct-patient care

Continue reading about the history and philosophy of the PA profession

Do that and you should be just fine, that is, if you can articulate your passion for the profession during an interview :)

Do you know if its hard to get into Western?

I don't know if it's hard getting into Western or not. But I do know that it's super hard to look family members in the eye and tell them that their loved one has died. Even harder pour your soul into working a pediatric cardiac arrest and say the words "we've exhausted our options. Time of death xxxx) That isn't far from the pain of looking at a person in the prime of their life and telling them they have stage 4 cancer.

What is my point you ask?

Spend a bit more time kicking around medicine in a more involved role and be sure you really want to go into this much debt to do a job that may not be a match for you. There are some HUGE perks and great times...but those are balanced with big, big downers. Are you prepared?

Archived