Easily one of the most gutsiest, and possibly dumbest things I've ever done.

Guest HanSolo

Michael,

You have shared a lot about your personal life and information on this forum. There is even a picture of you to go along with it. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but all of this information is freely available about you when you apply for PA school, jobs, etc. I don't want to discourge you from posting in the future. All I am saying is you should be aware that some admission committees will do some digging on you, and you don't want to post anything on here that could be potentially cast in a negative light.

Food for thought.

1 hour ago, HanSolo said:

Michael,

You have shared a lot about your personal life and information on this forum. There is even a picture of you to go along with it. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but all of this information is freely available about you when you apply for PA school, jobs, etc. I don't want to discourge you from posting in the future. All I am saying is you should be aware that some admission committees will do some digging on you, and you don't want to post anything on here that could be potentially cast in a negative light.

Food for thought.

I appreciate that, Han. I have thought before if I should take my picture down or change my name. I don't think I've crossed over any boundary yet; I try to be as professional as possible, but since I do get personal and open up about my life occasionally, I do consider it. Maybe just to be safe it's a good idea to do it. Thanks for that. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Stone said:

I appreciate that, Han. I have thought before if I should take my picture down or change my name. I don't think I've crossed over any boundary yet; I try to be as professional as possible, but since I do get personal and open up about my life occasionally, I do consider it. Maybe just to be safe it's a good idea to do it. Thanks for that. 

You might want to edit the title of your post just in case. I'm looking at one word in particular. Lol.

25 minutes ago, d2305 said:

It's closer than most of the NC schools.

You're right! I looked up the SC schools and they're all closer than the NC schools are to me. There's only 4 in SC that I found so it can't hurt for me to apply to those as well! 3 of the 4 have provisional accreditation, so I think that's something worth watching for me. I have some time, so I will definitely be doing more research into the programs to see if they are worth it. I've heard some nightmare stories about students at newly minted programs with didactic year going unorganized and not having the rotations needed for being prepared in certain fields. I appreciate that, though, again. I'll be doing my research and learning about the schools. 

Archived