Is it Ok to Confirm Acceptance and Later Withdraw?

I applied to a lot of schools, and was accepted to one, yay, huge relief!  However, I still haven't heard back from a lot of the schools I would've wanted to go to.

I have less than 2 weeks to pay the deposit and confirm that I'll go the school, but I still want to hear back from the other schools.  Is it a really big no-no to pay the deposit and then keep waiting/interviewing to try to get another acceptance to see if I do get into one of the schools I really wanted?  What are peoples' thoughts on this?

I paid two deposits to a school with rolling admissions that accepted me and ended up going to a different school that was a better fit for me. No regrets and someone else took my spot.

You may get divergent opinions but, to me, you always need to do what's best for you and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest HanSolo

The way I see it, putting down a deposit to hold a seat at a program is all part of the application process. Before I applied I allotted extra money for this exact purpose. 

Archived