2017-2018 Cycle

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SSantospa said:

Congrats!!! Did he say he would be mailing something to us also? I thought he said that, but I was also in shock and trying to process everything lol. 

I too was also in shock and in tears so I can't remember anything else lol. Mona also told me that there would be an email and a formal letter! :)

13 minutes ago, bkim said:

waitlisted on 10/12, interviewed on 9/23. 

anyone know if they reject people or just put everyone they interviewed on the waitlist? 

I believe last year they placed a lot of people who interviewed on the waitlist with no rejection till later on. how did you hear about being waitlisted? email or phone call? I haven't heard anything yet. super anxious :(

4 minutes ago, Doppio_Espresso said:

Hello everyone,

To all that flew into SFO, what is the best and cheapest way to get to San Rafael? I was considering uber, train, or rental car. I booked my hotel ~10 min away from campus. 

Thanks in advance! 

What hotel did you book if you dont mind me asking? Also looking at my options of where I should book 

3 hours ago, anam828 said:

I believe last year they placed a lot of people who interviewed on the waitlist with no rejection till later on. how did you hear about being waitlisted? email or phone call? I haven't heard anything yet. super anxious :(

Check your mail! I didn't receive an email, just a letter in the mail. 

I live in the Bay Area. There are a couple of options depending how much time you have before and after the interview day. Rental car would be the best option if you get there 1 or 2 days before the interview day. From SFO airport, Bart can be taken straight from the terminal that will take you directly to SF Downtown. From there you can take a ferry to San Rafael. Another public transport option is taking the Bart from SFO to Richmond then taking a bus to San Rafael.

- If you are driving, make sure to have cash since you will have to pay a toll if crossing the Richmond Bridge. I believe its $5 going into San Rafael. 

- Rental from SFO is very convenient, the tram will take you directly from the terminal to the rental facility (airport rental facility only). Depending on where you get your rental outside of the Airport rentals, they might provide shuttle service as well. 

- If your flight leaves the same day when interviews end then you might want to take the Bart to the airport that you can avoid traffic if it's during rush hour. Trust me you don't want to be in Bay Area traffic during rush hour. 

Archived