2017-2018 Cycle

11 minutes ago, JTP123 said:

I emailed Adam today with that question and he said they are in the process of reviewing applications, but I have the feeling that modernlily16 is right, if you didn't get a call by now, most likely you'll get a letter in the mail, waitlisted or rejected. 

Not a thing. I interviewed on 10/21

Thanks JTP123. Fingers crossed for all of us 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Doppio_Espresso said:

@DDoc-Skyline Nicely done! It seems like Dominican really wanted you given your application timeline and notifications. Congrats. 

Thank you. Seems like the program is structured well. Plus it is pretty close to where I live about 35 miles but will have to move anyway due to traffic in the mornings can make the trip 90-120min drive.

45 minutes ago, cperkins said:

Hmm.. assuming a lot of people accept the waitlist and give $500, these students might get accepted elsewhere and will have to give up their waitlist seat, so then the school will pocket $500..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was $1000 last year but by August next year if they don't offer you a seat you get refunded $500. If they offer you a seat and you decline, that's when you lose $500. Best case scenario you get accepted into DUC and the deposit goes toward your tuition.

3 minutes ago, Doppio_Espresso said:

Considering they interviewed around 175 (conservatively), it doesn't make sense that they would waitlist 145 people. This would not be productive at all. Another question that may be worth considering is if anyone who interviewed has NOT heard anything. 

I agree! I really don't think that could be hmm 

Waitlisting 145 will only increase their chances of accomplishing that. MAYBE by the time they start switching the candidates from waitlist to acceptance, these candidates have already accepted elsewhere. Since they waitlisted so many, like what Mona said, they want to ensure they have a full class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived