Physician Assisted Suicide

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAS, I have too many mixed feelings to intelligently participate in this conversation at this point, but I had to pop in to say that the last two sentences of your post literally brought tears to my eyes.

I am so sorry for the suffering both you and your wife went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flame suit on:

We had our Hospice chief talk to our practice last week about "Medical Aid in Dying" and i specifically asked him about this vs palliative sedation for terminal pts and more specifically "is it effective to palliate a pt until natural death occurs?" and he said "yes", "but... It's hard for the provider to manage if it happens in the middle of the night..." etc... So it sounded more like ease and, for lack of a better word, convenience for the PROVIDER... So my conclusion, after speaking with our Hospice chief and reading that article I posted, is that palliative sedation is enough to palliate a terminal pt who is in intractable pain. I (this is philosophical because PAs can't RX the meds) don't have to INITIATE death and, again from a philosophical POV, not violate "Primum non Nocere."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived