Anyone familiar with online EMT-B coures from RH services?

They offer in class as well as online classes(the online you go in to do the skill assessment as well as clinical portion, the 100 hours of didactic is online). I am trying to decide what one I should take. I was just wondering if anyone took it online and if they felt like the resources they provided was enough to succeed in an online envmt. I just don't know how challenging the course work is/ how easy it is to learn w/o an instructor

To answer the question posed in your thread title: No.  I'm not familiar with either the program or online EMT training. 

That being said I'd like to echo EMED in recommending an in-person course.  Yes, everyone learns a bit differently.  Yes, the didactic portion could conceivably be handled in an online format.  However, with a good in-person EMT class you'll get a lot more hands on training that will serve several purposes.  It'll solidify the didactic material you're learning especially when you can then get into hands on exercises to practice.  By learning in a more traditional classroom setting you'll learn more how to deal with people in preparation for a role in which you will deal with people who are, in all likelihood, having a really bad day.  Then there's the ever present networking with both classmates and instructors.  You never know who you'll meet or what kind of relationships you might build.  That's just not something you'll get from an online learning environment.

Archived