Texas Tech PA Program or Touro University (Nevada) PA Program??? Need Help!!

Any insight from former students at either school would be GREAT!! (Or someone that knows both programs well)

I have been accepted at both schools and need some help to make a decision... I would really like to go to Touro-NV as I feel it would be a better fit for me, a good program from what I hear AND it's in freaking Las Vegas!! BUT, I have been awarded a full scholarship at Texas Tech (NO TUITION AND FEES = $avings of 50 - 60k) and it's in the middle of nowhere (Midland, Tx). :=-0:

Anyway, I having a hard time in making a decision so if someone can share some insight into both the programs, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Agree with above- if you're enough of a self-motivator to have gotten a FULL RIDE to a PA program, then whatever shortcomings the PA program has you'll be able to overcome with your self-directed learning.

Take the financial worry out of PA school and go for the full ride!

If it helps any, I went to PA school in Texas (UNT), and the students and alumni I knew from Tech were perfectly fine.

Wow you guys are awesome, thanks for all your advice! You guys have a valid point. I am leaning towards Tech but I think I will go to both schools and just meet with a few current students and see how they truly feel about their programs. Anyway, thanks to everyone that replied!

Wutthechris: It is a state funded program called the "Hazelwood Act", available only to military veterans that served after 9/11 (only in Texas) as of now i believe.

Hope this helps!

Archived