2017-2018 Application Cycle

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pez said:

I sent an email today regarding my application. Radio silence since May 26th. Their email said a decision in 5-6 weeks. 

Let me know if you get a response. I'm in the same boat. It's been over 2 months for me. I'll try the same thing if you find it helpful. 

4 hours ago, PAapp092 said:

Let me know if you get a response. I'm in the same boat. It's been over 2 months for me. I'll try the same thing if you find it helpful. 

I left a voicemail with the department secretary earlier today. No response yet.

Hi All!

I'm new to the forum BUT I wanted to let you all know my stats! I submitted CASPA on June 14th, got my "Application Received" and "Application Complete" emails on June 15th. I got emailed for an interview on June 20th. On July 18th, I got an email with details for the interview, at 7:30am on September 6th. Let me know if anyone else has that date!

My stats are as follows: 

158 verbal, 158 quantitative, 5.0 writing on GRE

EMT and BLS certified, with 2000 hours PCE (scribing) at time of application. 

Science GPA 3.82, cumulative GPA 3.89. 

Granted: I ave extenuating circumstances in my personal statement that may supersede some of my stats.. also, the kind of scribe work I do is basically combining MA, scribing, and a lab technician. 

On 8/10/2017 at 9:07 PM, MattHatter said:

What have past interview experiences been like? This will be my first time interviewing with Emory.

Thanks

Super laid back and fun! You literally just have to be yourself.  A lot of people told me this beforehand and I didn't want to believe them lol but after my interview I realized everyone was right...Just be you 

8 minutes ago, GirlTKD said:

As in 3 or 4 people total, or 3 or 4 applicants at a time (like a group interview) with some of the admin team?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's about 12 people total, split into groups of 3.  Each group alternates through out the process.  For example, while one group is interviewing, the other group is doing the  writing portion etc 

17 minutes ago, futurePA94 said:

Just got a rejection email today. It looks like they had an incredibly qualified applicant pool this year. Best of luck to those who already have gotten/will get an interview!

So sorry to hear! Hoping for better news for you elsewhere!

51 minutes ago, futurePA94 said:

Just got a rejection email today. It looks like they had an incredibly qualified applicant pool this year. Best of luck to those who already have gotten/will get an interview!

When did you apply? I have been waiting since May 26th to hear back from Emory. Nothing yet.

18 minutes ago, Pez said:

When did you apply? I have been waiting since May 26th to hear back from Emory. Nothing yet.

Submitted CASPA on July 8 and they received it July 12. Then I got an email August 9 that my application was complete, then got my rejection email today, just 6 days later.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot of recent comments on here- I submitted my application late June and haven't heard a peep. I flew out to their information session in April and hopefully made an impression. My application is very stacked OTHER than my undergraduate GPA, which I was hoping to mitigate by showing up to a session from across the country.

Anyone receive rejection or have actually interviewed? 

Not a lot of recent comments on here- I submitted my application late June and haven't heard a peep. I flew out to their information session in April and hopefully made an impression. My application is very stacked OTHER than my undergraduate GPA, which I was hoping to mitigate by showing up to a session from across the country.
Anyone receive rejection or have actually interviewed? 

It's looking like the earliest posted interview date in this thread is Sept. 6th. A couple of people have posted that they got rejections. Way to go on flying out for the info session-- that's dedication! Keep your head up! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived