2017-2018 Application Cycle

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:14 PM, pas123 said:

Hey guys! I’ll try to answer some of your questions.

1.     Staying with a student is awesome! It’s not necessary, but I stayed with a student and found it a great way to learn a little bit more about the school and the program before the interview. Plus, you get to talk to someone who has been in your shoes (which for me made me a little less nervous the morning of the interview).  Also, the student hosts volunteer to house interviewees so you are getting matched up to someone that truly wants to meet you and make you feel comfortable!

2.     I was also extremely nervous about it being a group interview, but I actually found it a lot less stressful because the focus wasn’t always on me. You should be prepared for any type of question—could be the same as other people or could be different. As with any interview, be yourself!

3.     As for the written part, I asked about this before my interview and I was told that it was a way to ensure that you actually wrote your own personal statement (instead of buying one online –apparently people do that!) Essentially, this is not a stressful part of the interview and I didn’t do anything special to prepare for it.

4.     I prepared for the interview by thinking through as many “interview” type questions as I could. I also had family members do mock interviews with me. If you’ve been through a lot of interviews in your life maybe you don’t need to do that but if you’ve been working at the same place for several years or are coming straight out of undergrad, it’s not a bad idea to go through a practice round with someone before the big day ?

5.     The most difficult thing about the program is time management. This is just how PA school is designed. Even if you think you are good managing your time, you’re not. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything and it does feel overwhelming at times. Literally, I haven’t had power since 1pm today because of Irma and I have been studying anatomy by candlelight/flashlight for the past several hours because I don’t want to get behind. The first semester is the busiest, plus you are still adjusting to everything. That being said, we are all still happily chugging along!

6.     The best part about this program, is that I feel really supported here. The faculty want you to succeed and the class above you makes you feel welcome. You really do feel like you are part of a family here. 

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Thank you for all the advice, this really helps! I am so excited for my interview!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to you all! I also was accepted! 3rd time was the charm for me I guess! I can't even believe it! The re-applicant group from Wednesday was unbelievable and so successful! So glad to have met you all, and I can't wait to hear who else gets in! For those of you who haven't gotten in yet- don't give up! persistence pays off! 3rd time applicant and 3 time interviewee here! Hold your heads high and don't give up!
[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also live in FL, but didn't evacuate. Had family that rode it out in Naples, which is one spot I would've definitely evacuated. 

This is my first time applying to PA school. I've been talking to myself as I drive to work and school pretending I'm answering interview questions. Plus, some research regarding the Emory PA program. I feel like the interview is pretty tough to prepare for on purpose, and will be a way fro them to extract out genuine answers. 

On 9/15/2017 at 7:13 AM, lwalker said:

Congrats to you all! I also was accepted! 3rd time was the charm for me I guess! I can't even believe it! The re-applicant group from Wednesday was unbelievable and so successful! So glad to have met you all, and I can't wait to hear who else gets in! For those of you who haven't gotten in yet- don't give up! persistence pays off! 3rd time applicant and 3 time interviewee here! Hold your heads high and don't give up!
emoji173.png

Hi! congrats on getting in! so exciting! I was wondering if you could share some of your experiences interviewing at Emory. What would you recommend to do in order to prepare for it? Do you mind sharing some of the things you changed/improved from year to year that made you get in this time? any "common mistakes" you think could be easily prevented? 

I'm interviewing next week, and it will be my first PA school interview ever! so I'm very nervous. Sorry for the long message!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and congrats again!  =) 

-K

4 minutes ago, MattHatter said:

I also live in FL, but didn't evacuate. Had family that rode it out in Naples, which is one spot I would've definitely evacuated. 

This is my first time applying to PA school. I've been talking to myself as I drive to work and school pretending I'm answering interview questions. Plus, some research regarding the Emory PA program. I feel like the interview is pretty tough to prepare for on purpose, and will be a way fro them to extract out genuine answers. 

Good thing you were not in Naples!

This is my first time applying too, so I really don't know what to expect. I feel like I've been doing the basic/normal prep but I don't know if I should do more. Let's hope for the best! thanks for replying and good luck on your interview!

On 9/15/2017 at 7:13 AM, lwalker said:

emoji173.png

YES! Amen to this. Don't EVER give up.  Ever!!

19 hours ago, CRrd6 said:

Hey guys! I'm interviewing on Sept 27th. I'm super excited and super nervous at the same time, ah! Anyone else going to interview on that day?

27th for me too! Super excited and nervous here as well. Hopefully we will get grouped together! good luck and see you that day :) 

On 9/17/2017 at 4:09 PM, MattHatter said:

Good luck on Monday! let me know how it goes!

Hi Guys, I just submitted my application on CASPA. Is emory suppose to send me a link to pay the 75$ supplemental? I know most program has an automatic system that usually sends it out right after. I'm sort of freaking out since its the weekend and the deadline is one sunday. Please help.

Archived