EM details for residency grad

Exploring an opportunity (not an offer) that states rate of $75 per hour with 120 hours per month as full time. $2500 per year for business expense, CME, license reimbursement. Retirement is 100% match up to 3% then 50% match to 4 or 5%. Medical does not require payroll deduction on employee's part. Opportunity exists to add additional hours. Unsure of PTO/vacation/CME days.

I know that a lot of details are missing but my main question is if this seems an appropriate hourly rate for a soon-to-be EM residency grad with no prior PA experience? Retirement isn't quite where I want it, and I assume that is one of the few benefits that is rarely negotiable. Would I be pushing my luck trying for higher hourly to compensate for low retirement contribution? Or does this seem like an appropriate package for someone in my situation? Job would be central Texas approximately 1 hour outside Austin.

This sounds like a pretty good deal to me as well!

Actual overtime has been hit and miss with my prior jobs, most being no overtime rate (you work at your base rate).

And I've never been able to negotiate higher on retirement within the big groups, it's always been a flat percentage.

Archived