Guest Scott1234

I also received an acceptance (via email) on Friday from my interview on 9/23! GW is actually my top choice, so I have withdrawn all of my other applications and will be attending the program. Can't wait to get connected with you guys!

1 minute ago, GWUlian said:

Congrats guys! Hold on to those positive vibes, cause one year from now you're going to be going through one of the toughest stretches of PA school and hating your lives a little bit. Current first years know what I'm talking about...

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, Julian lol

Congrats to those of you already accepted. Again, feel free to ask me anything you want to know about the program.

For those of you who have NOT gotten an acceptance already- don't worry. Most people did not and will not until all the interviews are complete. Speaking as someone who was pulled from the waitlist, it's not over until classes are starting. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, alykat05 said:

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, Julian lol

Congrats to those of you already accepted. Again, feel free to ask me anything you want to know about the program.

For those of you who have NOT gotten an acceptance already- don't worry. Most people did not and will not until all the interviews are complete. Speaking as someone who was pulled from the waitlist, it's not over until classes are starting. 

For applicants who haven't heard back yet, is the November 18th interview the last chance we have at this point? I've been biting my fingernails off for the past month X.X

1 hour ago, GoFlacco said:

For applicants who haven't heard back yet, is the November 18th interview the last chance we have at this point? I've been biting my fingernails off for the past month X.X

November 18th will be the fourth and final interview day. I know they sent out some of the invites for November 4th but I don't know if they've sent all of the invites out yet for that day. People can also cancel an interview at any time, opening up spots. 

On 9/30/2017 at 7:57 AM, GWUlian said:

It's the same interview day process for both PA and MPH candidates. Generally the dual classes are about 10-15 students. My biggest tip for MMI (I was an interviewer last year) is to think out loud: I wanted to see how people approached a problem, what they considered, what their support was for their point of view. Have a point of view! If you give me a safe, bland answer I'm going to remember you as a bland candidate. I wrote in several people's evaluations last year "I personally disagreed with what they said but I think they made a good argument." Don't be boring. Don't take 5 of the 7 minutes to come up with an answer to the prompt.

I don't know the specific details of the social event but typically it starts around 7pm on Friday at a bar within a few blocks of the school. It's very casual just a chance for us all to meet each other. It should hopefully make the interview day less stressful when you realize we're all humans just like you.

Thank you for the advice! Doing my due diligence, getting pumped for Saturday!

• Upvote 1

Don’t ever feel bad about reaching out! We’re certainly not shy about bombarding faculty and staff with emails. :)

What would you like to know? It’s supposed to be very laid back. You are not being secretly evaluated—no faculty will be there and it’s completely student run and organized. Just a chance to mingle with current students so you can a) ask questions about GWU and b) get a feel for the vibe and culture of the program. Hopefully helps get the nerves out a little. You can drop in for as long or as little as you like. I’m gonna try to be there for a bit.

Obligatory note that we can’t answer questions about the MMI or accept food or drinks.

Congrats to everyone coming to interview we are excited to see you soon!

7 minutes ago, malsi said:

Kind of a silly question but is anyone able to comment on whether it is a bad idea to wear heels on interview day? I'm not crazy about wearing heels but it does seem more professional to wear a low heel with a pant suit. However, the emails state to wear comfortable shoes so I'm not sure if I should just wear flats instead, or if that will come across as unprofessional during the MMI portion of the interview. Another option is just wearing flats for most of the day and then changing into heels before the MMI portion (I could fit them in my purse). 

I would appreciate any insight! Just want to make sure I look professional and not under dressed.

Hi! I'm an interviewee also but I've had good luck with the process so far! I wear heels and put mole skin on any parts of my feet that might hurt but I keep a pair of flats in my purse if I feel like wearing them on the tour! 

• Upvote 1

Wear whatever you'll be most comfortable and confident in. There is never going to be a situation where the faculty are sitting around saying "if only this person had worn slightly nicer shoes we could have accepted them into the program!" My shirt was un-ironed on interview day and somehow I made it.

7 hours ago, UsmcMichigan32 said:

For anybody waiting for the 11/18 interview spot I heard from them yesterday inviting me come for 11/18. My application went in late so I didn't get confirmed with them until the end of September, so getting into an interview at all was great to hear. 

I also received an interview invite for 11/18 yesterday.  I got the confirmation that my application was complete on 7/24.  So even those who applied earlier in the cycle and haven’t heard yet, don’t give up hope!

• Upvote 1