15 minutes ago, AlpineCX5 said:

Also received an interview invite for Oct 21st today! Unfortunately I have another interview for that same day in Oregon. Per the email, doesn't seem like you are allowed to reschedule your date. Does anyone have insight on this? 

I'm not 100% sure about that. There are definitely only 3 more interview dates at GW, including 10/21. I don't know how your interview in Oregon is set up, but I'd look into moving that one. If not possible I would contact Erin ASAP to see if you can go to the next interview date instead. Worst she can say is no.

17 hours ago, AlpineCX5 said:

Also received an interview invite for Oct 21st today! Unfortunately I have another interview for that same day in Oregon. Per the email, doesn't seem like you are allowed to reschedule your date. Does anyone have insight on this? 

I had the same issue, but if it is an interview for Pacific University, they were super understanding and I rescheduled it to November 4th. 

22 hours ago, kac1503 said:

Just got an interview invitation for October 21! I am soooo excited and will be coming in from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Did anyone else receive an invite on that day and where are you coming from?

I will be there! I am coming from another interview in Chicago which is the day before. But looking forward to meeting everyone!

On 9/25/2017 at 5:44 PM, kac1503 said:

Just got an interview invitation for October 21! I am soooo excited and will be coming in from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Did anyone else receive an invite on that day and where are you coming from?

Me too! I'm coming from Orlando, Florida! Are you going to the Friday event?

I was invited for an interview on 10/21! Coming from Denver. I applied MS/MPH. Does anyone know how the interview different for those candidates? Or how many people applied for the duel program? I know there aren't many seats open for it. Also, any tips to improve on MMI? I was rejected from the first school I interviewed at, which used MMI

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, kac1503 said:

I really want to go! But i have to see if I can get a full day off of work Friday. Are you going? and does anyone know what time what time it is or any more details about the social event?

Yeah I had to call out of two of my shifts at work to fly up, so I'll be there anyway. They said more details will be provided closer to the event date!

It's the same interview day process for both PA and MPH candidates. Generally the dual classes are about 10-15 students. My biggest tip for MMI (I was an interviewer last year) is to think out loud: I wanted to see how people approached a problem, what they considered, what their support was for their point of view. Have a point of view! If you give me a safe, bland answer I'm going to remember you as a bland candidate. I wrote in several people's evaluations last year "I personally disagreed with what they said but I think they made a good argument." Don't be boring. Don't take 5 of the 7 minutes to come up with an answer to the prompt.

I don't know the specific details of the social event but typically it starts around 7pm on Friday at a bar within a few blocks of the school. It's very casual just a chance for us all to meet each other. It should hopefully make the interview day less stressful when you realize we're all humans just like you.

On 9/30/2017 at 3:57 AM, GWUlian said:

It's the same interview day process for both PA and MPH candidates. Generally the dual classes are about 10-15 students. My biggest tip for MMI (I was an interviewer last year) is to think out loud: I wanted to see how people approached a problem, what they considered, what their support was for their point of view. Have a point of view! If you give me a safe, bland answer I'm going to remember you as a bland candidate. I wrote in several people's evaluations last year "I personally disagreed with what they said but I think they made a good argument." Don't be boring. Don't take 5 of the 7 minutes to come up with an answer to the prompt.

I don't know the specific details of the social event but typically it starts around 7pm on Friday at a bar within a few blocks of the school. It's very casual just a chance for us all to meet each other. It should hopefully make the interview day less stressful when you realize we're all humans just like you.

I'll be at GWU for the October 21 interview day and will probably attend the social event on Friday. Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

I applied for the PA/MPH program. Do you know if it's possible to be rejected for the MPH program but still be accepted into the 2-year PA program? Or do both programs have to extend acceptances for an applicant to attend GWU? Is there an option to attend only the PA program if accepted into both PA and MPH programs? 

On 9/25/2017 at 5:44 PM, kac1503 said:

Congrats to you! Would you mind letting me know what day you submitted your app for GW? I submitted June 10th so wondering if I still have a chance.

7 minutes ago, lkrohn314 said:

Congrats to you! Would you mind letting me know what day you submitted your app for GW? I submitted June 10th so wondering if I still have a chance.

Thanks! I submitted mine on June 6 and I'm not sure if they sent out all of the invites for the October session, but I know they still have two more interview sessions on November 4 and 18. Good luck!!

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2017 at 10:23 PM, fmw808 said:

I applied for the PA/MPH program. Do you know if it's possible to be rejected for the MPH program but still be accepted into the 2-year PA program? Or do both programs have to extend acceptances for an applicant to attend GWU? Is there an option to attend only the PA program if accepted into both PA and MPH programs? 

To the best of my knowledge it's one or the other. I don't believe you can be accepted to/choose to go into the PA only program from the MPH/PA program. It might be good to email Erin McKan Thomas to confirm.

Glad everyone is excited to interview! I have zero knowledge of the progress from the first interview group, unfortunately.

We just had our PA Week (Oct 6-12!) reception tonight with alumni, preceptors, students, faculty, and staff and it was really cool to take a moment to appreciate how special the PA profession is and how awesome the GW PA program is. I've said it a bunch, but I have never regretted my decision to come here. I sincerely hope you all will feel the same way whatever program you end up attending.

11 minutes ago, GWUlian said:

To the best of my knowledge it's one or the other. I don't believe you can be accepted to/choose to go into the PA only program from the MPH/PA program. It might be good to email Erin McKan Thomas to confirm.

Glad everyone is excited to interview! I have zero knowledge of the progress from the first interview group, unfortunately.

We just had our PA Week (Oct 6-12!) reception tonight with alumni, preceptors, students, faculty, and staff and it was really cool to take a moment to appreciate how special the PA profession is and how awesome the GW PA program is. I've said it a bunch, but I have never regretted my decision to come here. I sincerely hope you all will feel the same way whatever program you end up attending.

Thanks Julian! I'll check with Erin about that. 

GW's PA program seems great and I'm looking forward to learning more about it when I'm there for the interview!

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, Almortega said:

I was just invited for an interview today!! So excited! I applied really late, not until late August so very shocked I got an interview. Most schools urge you to apply as early as possible.  I’m coming from New Mexico, I have multiple friends living in DC and GW is one of my two top choices. 

Congrats!! For what day was it? Still waiting to hear!