Sign in to follow this  
HusbandofPA

How to check on license process

My wife graduated from her program and took the PANCE in December. After she found out that she passed the exam, in January, she applied for multiple jobs. Luckily, she was offered a job at a pediatrician's office in Charlotte, NC. She immediately applied for her license and took all the necessary steps to get her background check. That was 9 weeks ago! She hasn't received any updates from either the SBI or the medical board. In fact, after calling and emailing each one they simply send her to the opposite organization for answers. Obviously it is frustrating since the license is the only thing in the way of her starting her career. Is there any way to speed up this process or even just know for sure what stage her application is at? Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

So similar to your wife I took pance in December and also live in NC. Our school actually had us start the licensing process while we were in school so the only thing left was verification of education and pance scores. I started the licensing process in Nov and got my license in early January. Graduated in December from PA school. They are notorious for losing things so you may have to submit a few times (this happened with my pance scores). The SBI and fingerprinting being sent I think took a few weeks for mine to get done and another friend's took almost 2 months. Turned out they had sent her fingerprinting to a totally different office than the med board. If she just started the process in Jan it may take a few months.

EDIT: I just realized you wrote background check. I think that took mine the longest too. I also made copies just in case of everything I sent in. Obviously it's up to the SBI etc at that point but it can take awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was my driver license, permit or non-driver ID mailed?We mail your license, learner permit or non-driver ID to the address we have our records.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By RaquelCR
      Hello all!
      My name is Raquel Rubin. I am the new student chair for the Gardner-Webb PA program, as well as a current student of the 2021 cohort. This thread is open for you to ask any questions you may have regarding the application process, interviewing, GWU itself, or anything I can help answer.
      Feel free to reach me here or you can email gwu.pa.nsc@gmail.com 
      Best of luck!
      Raquel Rubin, PA-S
    • By ClarissaB
      Hello! I thought I would create a new group discussion since the upcoming cycle will be opening in about 2 months. This will give an opportunity for anyone to ask questions early in the application process and hopefully all the way through the interview process. 
    • By katpac
      Hello everyone!  Haven't been on here in a while...  I'm hoping those of you with your DEA license can give me some guidance please, esp. if in primary care, and better yet if you are in Florida. I took the updated course, as my employer has now agreed to reimburse for the license application. There were some points in the course (taken through FMA) that I didn't know if I entirely understand, regarding supervising physician. --> Are we supposed to have a supervising physician name printed on every controlled substance Rx? It sounded like that from the course, but I'm not sure if I misunderstood. I work with an NP who notes that she doesn't have a supervising physician name on any of her benzo Rxs (4), but only on the pain meds (2). However, as we all know, the rules vary from state to state between NPs and PAs... So for, lets say, ativan (sched 4) - 1) Would the printed Rx on control paper have to have both my name and the supervising physicians name? 2) On that same Rx, if it has to have SP name, does it also need to be signed by the SP? .... The whole point of my organization wanting me to get this DEA license is so that the SPs do not have to be bothered and pulled each time I see a patient who needs a renewal on those meds. So I'm just trying to figure out if it is even worth it to get it. While they are now reimbursing, it is first out of my pocket until reimbursed, and that large sum of money on a screen at checkout just makes me a little nervous, lol. Also, I don't want them to pay all of that when the purpose of them paying for it will not be fulfilled.  Thanks in advance. 
    • By SDPA19
      Didn't see a thread for the current application cycle. Please post link if there is already a topic. 
      I got an email on July 6th that my application has been received and was given an application status link. Has anyone gotten an interview?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More