South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CASPA verified on the 1st and GRE scores were received on the 7th, I was told they couldn't review my app unless the scores were in so they didn't even look at my app until the 7th or later

I had this same issue since scores take a few days to process. They sent me an email stating that my application review was pending, but I contacted them last week to verify that they had received my scores and I still haven't heard back. ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

How long before your scores were sent until they notified you that they were reviewing your app?

. They never notified me that they were reviewing it, only that they were missing my GRE scores. I had actually emailed them two days ago because I was getting concerned that they were still missing something else because I hadn't heard anything- but I never got a response.

. They never notified me that they were reviewing it, only that they were missing my GRE scores. I had actually emailed them two days ago because I was getting concerned that they were still missing something else because I hadn't heard anything- but I never got a response.

Thank you! My GRE just got sent today, so at least now I know to not anticipate notification. 

Thank you! My GRE just got sent today, so at least now I know to not anticipate notification.

I received notification of my app on the 30th via email but haven't been notified of interview or rejection but in the email it specifically says "Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive this year, we will not be able to give you the status of your application or your GRE scores being received." So just a heads up so you or anyone else doesn't waste time emailing them asking for receipt of scores :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a call today to interview on July 27. Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to stay? I just need something decent and affordable. Will be arriving late, the night before.

Are you having to complete the screening through that company prior to your interview?

Are you having to complete the screening through that company prior to your interview?

I believe she said that I have to complete a background check prior to the interview. I'm not sure how that works...she said I would receive an email with instructions.

I believe she said that I have to complete a background check prior to the interview. I'm not sure how that works...she said I would receive an email with instructions.

You will have to do a background check, fingerprint, and drug test before your interview through a company called castlebranch. I received the email with the details a few days ago

This background check is expensive and I don't live in Florida so I'm not sure how i'm supposed to commute to get my fingerprints done. Anyone else trying to complete this right now?

I missed the phone call for my interview invite, but she left me a message stating that I needed to have one done prior to the interview. I have called and emailed her since, but haven't received any information about it besides what she left in my voicemail. Can anyone tell me if this background check is done the same day of the interview? I'm assuming we have to do it at the facility of their choice since she gave me the price to get one. I'm just confused because most schools require the background check done upon acceptance. I'm a little worried that I won't be able to get there on time to get it done. I will be arriving on the last flight the night prior to the interview..

I missed the phone call for my interview invite, but she left me a message stating that I needed to have one done prior to the interview. I have called and emailed her since, but haven't received any information about it besides what she left in my voicemail. Can anyone tell me if this background check is done the same day of the interview? I'm assuming we have to do it at the facility of their choice since she gave me the price to get one. I'm just confused because most schools require the background check done upon acceptance. I'm a little worried that I won't be able to get there on time to get it done. I will be arriving on the last flight the night prior to the interview..

No it's done through Castlebranch prior to the interview, you'll get a link from a CASPA with instructions. It's $150 and we have to go to some place to do a drug test and a separate place to get fingerprints done! The place to get the fingerprints done has locations only in Florida, which is simply not possible for me to do because I can't ask off of work again!

No it's done through Castlebranch prior to the interview, you'll get a link from a CASPA with instructions. It's $150 and we have to go to some place to do a drug test and a separate place to get fingerprints done! The place to get the fingerprints done has locations only in Florida, which is simply not possible for me to do because I can't ask off of work again!

Wow. I didn't realize we had to do everything in a separate location. My interview isn't until 1pm on july 27 and I won't get to Tampa until 11:30pm the night before. I have a final exam the same day which prevents me from coming any earlier. I hope the morning of the interview will give me enough time to do all of that. I'm just waiting for her to forward me the information so I can confirm my travel arrangements.. ????

Wow. I didn't realize we had to do everything in a separate location. My interview isn't until 1pm on july 27 and I won't get to Tampa until 11:30pm the night before. I have a final exam the same day which prevents me from coming any earlier. I hope the morning of the interview will give me enough time to do all of that. I'm just waiting for her to forward me the information so I can confirm my travel arrangements.. ????

I'm pretty sure it has to be done prior to the interview like mine said it has to be done before the 15th and my interview is the 25th

I'm pretty sure it has to be done prior to the interview like mine said it has to be done before the 15th and my interview is the 25th

I hope there is an alternative to do it in our home state or at least the day of the interview. Thats hard to complete for those of us out-of-state. There is no way I can travel there 2 separate times. I still don't understand why the background checks are done prior to interviews when it is usually done after acceptance. Is this something new? I've booked my flight already and rescheduled my final just so I could be there on time for the 27th...now just worried about not being able to do the background check. I'm just waiting to hear back from them...i called the number left on my voicemail and also emailed her with the address she left, but no response as of yet. Maybe I'll hear back from her Monday..

Update: their FAQ page says that background checks are required upon acceptance...

I hope there is an alternative to do it in our home state or at least the day of the interview. Thats hard to complete for those of us out-of-state. There is no way I can travel there 2 separate times. I still don't understand why the background checks are done prior to interviews when it is usually done after acceptance. Is this something new? I've booked my flight already and rescheduled my final just so I could be there on time for the 27th...now just worried about not being able to do the background check. I'm just waiting to hear back from them...i called the number left on my voicemail and also emailed her with the address she left, but no response as of yet. Maybe I'll hear back from her Monday..

Update: their FAQ page says that background checks are required upon acceptance...

I am under the assumption that this is a new thing this year. Perhaps so they can revoke interviews to those that fail the check? I'll try to get in touch with them Monday about the out of state issues. 

Received a call for an interview July 19th. 

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for this school? Also, what teaching hospitals or clinics is the clinical rotations held in? I havent seen many reviews for this school in other places and just would like to know if it is a reputable, well-regarded school 

Received a call for an interview July 19th.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate for this school? Also, what teaching hospitals or clinics is the clinical rotations held in? I havent seen many reviews for this school in other places and just would like to know if it is a reputable, well-regarded school

When did you submit?

Archived