Any interviews, calls or rejection letter??!?!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I got a phone call today inviting me to an interview. I guess they send that letter to everyone & then they only contact the individual applicants that they have selected for interviews. I think they will probably make their final decision (accepted or not accepted) by June, which is why the letters say June. Good luck to everyone!! If anyone else gets an interview invite, let me know.

I've been a pharma rep for almost 6 yrs. I had 3 PA shadowing opportunities in internal medicine (200 hrs), primary care (640 hrs) & emergency medicine (58 hrs). I attended both the open house as well as a pipeline session. I completed my online transfer application back in November & sent in my supplemental application in February. Two of my recommendations came from PAs that I shadowed & the other recommendation came from a physician that I used to call on when I was a rep. My overall GPA is a 3.3. Science GPA is a 3.0 (not the greatest). However, I think that my statement letter really defined my application.

I have a question...when you apply via the CUNY system..you have to choose 4 schools..and of course put sophies pa program as your first choice...how does that even work? because I put down another PA program as my number 3 choice...and I was already interviewed with them...can sophie still interview me?? like is it just one school from that list that is allowed to contact you??

Thanks!!

GirlyGirl, I don't think that they have access to what order you ranked them in. Depending on what they are looking for, all 4 schools may offer you an interview. I highly doubt that it would be contingent on where you ranked them. Good luck!!

Dyjand, from what they said at the open house back in November, they interview roughly 3-4 candidates for each spot. I think they have 30 spots this year, so I estimate that they will interview anywhere from 90-120 candidates.

DHamiltonPA, congrats on your interview? When is it? My interview is Tuesday 4/10.

GirlyGirl, I don't think that they have access to what order you ranked them in. Depending on what they are looking for, all 4 schools may offer you an interview. I highly doubt that it would be contingent on where you ranked them. Good luck!!

Dyjand, from what they said at the open house back in November, they interview roughly 3-4 candidates for each spot. I think they have 30 spots this year, so I estimate that they will interview anywhere from 90-120 candidates.

DHamiltonPA, congrats on your interview? When is it? My interview is Tuesday 4/10.

Thanks! = ) I hope I get an interview!! I applied in November. I already had 2 interviews so I am assuming I should also qualify for a Sophie Davis interview! Keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck to those who have an interview = )

Hey all, I received a call on Monday inviting me for an interview also, Im very excited and also nervous. I wish everyone luck hope we are in the next class together.

Heyy, would you mind mentioning your GPA, extracurricular activities, and work experience? Anything that you think helped you get the interview?

Thanks.

Thanks! = ) I hope I get an interview!! I applied in November. I already had 2 interviews so I am assuming I should also qualify for a Sophie Davis interview! Keeping my fingers crossed! Good luck to those who have an interview = )

Where else did you apply? I only knew York and City College had a PA program. Any suggestions?

Archived