Any interviews, calls or rejection letter??!?!

Hey my GPA is not very impressive it was just a 3.0 I explained myself which I hoped help. I was forced to work on average 60-80 hours a week during my undergraduate career between two and three jobs. My work experience is very different from most applicants I worked in the veterinary field for most of my life for about 14 years including cancer research using electronic brachytherapy. The past 6 years my experience was in management hiring and managing veterinary nurses and support staff. I also worked part time during that time as a patient care associate at St Francis hospital, doing blood draws, administering and interpreting ECGs and caring for patients after heart surgery. I am also a volunteer fire fighter for my town for the past year. I think my experience helped get the interview because honestly my grades were not very impressive.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, my interview was today at 9am I was soooo nervous but overall I think it went well. I was in a group of four other applicants. Good luck let me know how it goes.

Dhamiltonpa, I have my interview today. Any last minute tips that you can share with me? Was there an essay? Was the total interview group 4 people or did they break you off into groups of 4? Any other tips?

I am currently still doing my prereqs, all i have left is Ochem. I have a gpa est. 3.0, Oif veteran, currently a phlebotomist but I'm still a bit nervous that won't be good enough?? Anyone care to input.... Opinions suggestions are greatly appreciated. Congrats to all those that got in!!!:)

Dhamiltonpa, I have my interview today. Any last minute tips that you can share with me? Was there an essay? Was the total interview group 4 people or did they break you off into groups of 4? Any other tips?

Sorry I didnt get a chance to check this until now, I guess you already had your interview. How did it go sorry I coulnt offer any advice but as you know now it was pretty laid back overall I thnk. What did they say to you during your interview...?

Sorry I didnt get a chance to check this until now, I guess you already had your interview. How did it go sorry I coulnt offer any advice but as you know now it was pretty laid back overall I thnk. What did they say to you during your interview...?

It went well. My group was only 3 students (myself included). I think it went well. They didn't ask me any really tough questions that I couldn't answer. They said that they were going to continue interviewing applicants until mid to late may. The selected applicants will hear back from them by the 1st or 2nd wk of June. That seems so far away. The waiting is going to be excruciating. What did they tell you?

It was pretty much the same thing, he also explained what happens with those that are selected the 3 week orientation the retreat and then the program begins. He said that I would also hear a response by June which is soooo far away :/

Dhamiltonpa,

I know. June seems so far away. The waiting is going to be excruciating. Who did you interview with?

yes it really is! I interviewed with a man that was a pa graduate from like 30 years ago, one professor that teaches Physio and another professor.....do you live near the school?

I interviewed with the Physio professor (forgot her name), a male professor (PA Foster) & the director of the program (PA Gates). I live in East Williamsburg Brooklyn. What about you?

Hi, I am also waiting. I think, they interviewed from low to high GPA.What is your GPA GirlyGirl?

I don't think that this is the case. The director of the program told me that they have 35 seats this year & that they are interviewing about 120 applicants which means about 3-4 applicants per available seat. They are interviewing around 3-4 people per day. I think they pick a group of group of applicants that they are interested in, and then those that interview the same day go up against each other for the seat. I may be wrong, but it fits the time frame that they set up. If they are picking one applicant per day & they started interviewing the second week of April, they will be finished interviewing by the end of May which is when she said that they will be finished. Notices to accepted applicants will go out the first & second week of June.

I don't think they schedule interviews based on your GPA since GPA alone won't get you into this program. If that was the case, then don't you think those individuals with the highest GPA would go first? I was interviewed the first week. I don't have a 4.0 GPA, but I don't have 2.0 either. Maybe they group the applicants alphabetically. My last name starts with an A.

I don't think that this is the case. The director of the program told me that they have 35 seats this year & that they are interviewing about 120 applicants which means about 3-4 applicants per available seat. They are interviewing around 3-4 people per day. I think they pick a group of group of applicants that they are interested in, and then those that interview the same day go up against each other for the seat. I may be wrong, but it fits the time frame that they set up. If they are picking one applicant per day & they started interviewing the second week of April, they will be finished interviewing by the end of May which is when she said that they will be finished. Notices to accepted applicants will go out the first & second week of June.

I don't think they schedule interviews based on your GPA since GPA alone won't get you into this program. If that was the case, then don't you think those individuals with the highest GPA would go first? I was interviewed the first week. I don't have a 4.0 GPA, but I don't have 2.0 either. Maybe they group the applicants alphabetically. My last name starts with an A.

Hi Yacosta815,

I also live in Brooklyn. Can you tell me what questions u were asked? Also, was everyone in the group asked the same question???

I was in a group of 3 applicants (myself included). Each of the applicants was interviewed individually with a group from the admissions committee. I was interviewed by 3 people (2 professors & the PA program director) at the same time. They would take turns asking me questions. I think the questions they ask will depend on your individual situation & application.

Ok thats good your in the city atleast. I live on the south shore of long island, its about a 40 minute drive if no traffic.

Wow!! There will always be traffic coming into the city in the mornings & heading back to the island at night. Have you thought about maybe taking the LIRR & MTA trains instead of driving? I have to take 2 trains to get there. It takes me anywhere from 40-60 mins depending on how the trains are running, but it would still be faster & less stressful than driving in & looking for parking.

I was in a group of 3 applicants (myself included). Each of the applicants was interviewed individually with a group from the admissions committee. I was interviewed by 3 people (2 professors & the PA program director) at the same time. They would take turns asking me questions. I think the questions they ask will depend on your individual situation & application.

Thanks for the insight! So from what you stated.. You were the only APPLICANT in the room during your interview. Correct?

Archived