how did the Affordable Care Act (ACA) affect Physician Assistants and the way they practice

• Administrator

I really don't care who gets credit or how it's working, but the solution to our healthcare crisis is NOT more Medicaid-like coverage-without-care, again irrespective of whose "legacy" is involved or who gets to claim credit.

Insurance companies have managed to morph the ACA into a semi-private, semi-public monstrosity, not unlike the California energy market a la Enron, and they're making money at the expense of both the providers and the patients, where they are able to withdraw from unprofitable markets without consequence which is, duh, exactly what a for-profit corporation will do when given the option.

There is a good chance that the ACA will not get repealed.  The Democrats can still filibuster and the more moderate conservatives who voted for the repeal of the ACA may not follow through under the Trump administration since they knew Obama would veto the repeal.  I guess we will see.

plus, Trump himself has realized the last couple months how improbable it'd be to do even with GOP control, which might explain why he's now backing off on that promise. One of many promises he's gonna have to back off on, even with full GOP control. Not even sworn in, and he's establishment already.

I think the whole medical system is "rigged" (to borrow a phrase). It is all about profit but not a little but a lot of profit. Doctors, hospital and especially Pharma. At who's expense? The patient! I do not know but I will put out there that SOME countries medical systems work quite well and are affordable. In this country you wouldn't have to wait 4 months for any procedure or service there are so many facilities and providers. I think there are as many freestanding urgent Cares and ER's as Mickey D's. OK So you won't make 500,000 to 1 million or more.I think we all know someone who has gone without needed medicine due to cost or coverage which changes in the blink of an eye. There are no more Mother Theresa's in medicine. The above is my opinion and rant.

PS I believe in a democracy but I do believe there are some aspects of our lives that do need control and none more than medicine

Archived