Has anyone ever done an elective rotation at MD Anderson?

I am very interested in applying but so far all of the housing options are more than $1000 a month (plus the rent I already pay for my apartment by my school). I am trying to weigh the price vs the benefits and experiences that I could gain at MD Anderson.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By pahopeful46
      Looking for any type of Dermatology (medical, cosmetic, etc) rotation or preceptor in the Houston or surrounding areas/suburbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    • By Cup
      This is an 100% outpatient practice. They have multiple locations but I'll be working between two clinics in a  major city with high COL. I interviewed with the director of Human Resources and I'm scheduled tomorrow for a tour of one of the clinics that I'll be assigned to. 40 hours per week, Mon-Friday (No weekends, no on-call) $100,000 salary Medical, Dental & Vision 401K* 6 Holidays 5 sick days with accrual to up to 2 weeks the first 2 years Reimbursement for DEA & State License renewal fees, not initial Malpractice* 3 CME days annually $500 CME annually 6 month training period; there will always be 2-3 doctors/NPs/PAs on-site. 18-20 patients per day (They assign 15 minute blocks for Follow Ups and 45 minutes blocks for New Consults) *I'm not sure whether malpractice includes tail coverage and whether 401k includes matching, but I'll be getting the official contract by the end of this week A couple concerns: Lower than average salary for my location. I'm thinking of countering with 105k. Average starting salary in my area is 110k but to be honest this is the best offer I've received. I know a few classmates who accepted an equivalent ~110k salary with small physician-owned practices but were lacking on benefits (e.g. no Medical/Dental/Vision, no 401k) As detailed in another post, I'm not sure if oncology is the specialty I want to stay in (although I want to stay in the general internal medicine field). However this is the best best offer I've received after looking for the past 2-3 months. I know that's not a relatively long time for a job hunt and I am okay with searching a bit longer for a better offer in a more generalized field; I'm just not sure if it will come at this point.  Any thoughts appreciated. 
    • By UnconfidentnewGrad
      Hello!
      I am a new grad PA and I start a job in a month for a GI consulting service. I will spend 3 weeks of the month in the hospital doing consults, rounding, dictating notes and 1 week in clinic. I did a rotation in GI during school, but it was all outpatient Hepatology with a day a week in a general GI clinic. So I don't feel super prepared to go to the consulting service right now.
      Can any GI PAs recommend any books/resources that you found helpful for hospital work? It would be greatly appreciated!! I found a book online called: Textbook of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2nd Edition--- It is quite pricy-- 250$.... But it if it useful I will buy it.

Please any advice is appreciated!! 
      Thanks!
    • By anhthung25
      Hi! I am a student planning to apply for CASPA next year and all I need is to shadow physician assistant. It's been difficult for me to find someone at the facility I am working at. I did found one but the waiting is long and I do not know when she can have me shadow her. I hope to find someone to shadow in Houston, TX. I don't plan to disturb the PA with many questions because I understand how busy it must be. I would like to spend time observing the PA. Thank you in advance!
    • By Janab
      Hi everyone!
      Does anyone here know what the preferred housing options are for the students in the PA program? Is it more convenient/affordable for the students to live in the dorms on campus or do most of the students commute from elsewhere in Manhattan/another boro for the entirety of the program? Thanks in advance!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More