Late letter of recommendation

One of my supervisors for my job has about 3 or 4 kids ages 1-14, works full time, and is single mom so she is pretty busy, but I felt she would be able to provide me with a great letter of recs since we have a lot of history together. She said she would be happy to do the letters of rec. I sent her a request on July 5th and have extended it a couple of weeks now. It is now July 19th and I am starting to get worried. I asked her for some updates she hasn't responded.

We work in a different department now so I don't want to be a nuisance and try to contact her at work. Plus she might be letting me down easy by not telling me? I already have the 3 letters of recommendation that I needed, so she would be the 4th. Should I just cancel the letter of recommendation request or keep waiting? I have already submitted my application couple of weeks ago and it is now in the verifying stage.

I actually had pretty much the same problem. I wanted my volunteering supervisor to submit my 4th letter (she also wrote/submitted one for me last year). She agreed and I sent her the request back in May and she never submitted. I really don't need a 4th letter so I just let it slide since she just had a newborn and was on maternity leave (I didn't know this when I asked. She left the hospital last year). I don't want to push it and give her more work to do! I ended up deleting the request so it doesn't look pending to schools. If she contacts me and still wants to submit, I can always add it in again, though I don't really need it as I already have some interviews lined up.

So do what feels right to you.

I actually had pretty much the same problem. I wanted my volunteering supervisor to submit my 4th letter (she also wrote/submitted one for me last year). She agreed and I sent her the request back in May and she never submitted. I really don't need a 4th letter so I just let it slide since she just had a newborn and was on maternity leave (I didn't know this when I asked. She left the hospital last year). I don't want to push it and give her more work to do! I ended up deleting the request so it doesn't look pending to schools. If she contacts me and still wants to submit, I can always add it in again, though I don't really need it as I already have some interviews lined up.

So do what feels right to you.

how long did it take after submission to start receiving interviews? 

Archived