Heritage University 2016-2017

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have an interview for Dec 3rd. Anyone else? Would be great to meet up the day before, coordinate driving, etc. Let me know, looking forward to the big day.

I will get in on Dec 2nd around 3:00pm. Then head to Quality Inn where I will meet my sister who lives in Seattle. If anyone is headed that way, would be happy to split a taxi or uber :)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome that sounds great! I will be here: 

Red Lion Hotel: 607 E Yakima Ave, Yakima, WA 98901

I am getting my rental car at the airport and then driving to Yakima on the 2nd. I should arrive there around 3. We can have dinner the night before and drive together to the interview or we can just hang afterward and have a drink (post interview LOL).

Kelly Hayzlett

303-994-2821

If be down with that, what about you MaSa2015? We should drive down on the 2nd just to check out the campus too, get a feel for it.

Hi guys, 

My little sister lives in Seattle so she may be taking the day off work to drive me down to Yakima, although I already have the flight. 

I am happy to meet you guys to check out the campus and do dinner and/or drink. 

We will be driving back up to Seattle following the interview. I believe my sister will have space for 2 back up to Seattle. I won't be leaving until Sunday evening, but if someone needs a lift to the lightrail I am sure we can figure something out. 

Feel free to private message or text! 

Margarita Sasieta

541-908-0794

Hey guys!

I was told I was #4 on the wait list, so thank you so much for posting that you will be accepting elsewhere! It's so stress relieving to have a little information!

Does anyone know what the stats are for acceptance off the wait list?? I know it can vary so much from year to year and program to program, so it's probably just another round of agonizing 'wait and see'. 

Is anyone else on the wait list???

-Adrian

Hey guys/gals,

I have my second PA school interview next month and am looking for insights. At my first interview, the question was asked, "How do I expect to make the transition from undergrad work, to graduate work (aka, PA school)," as they are both very different worlds. The question kind of took me off guard, since I never considered this, but maybe this is a question in disguise. Maybe its a question about how I deal with stress, manage time, etc. I am reaching out to recent graduates, current students, or those accepted to programs to answer this one.  Thank you in advanced!

I would say that regardless of how they are asking the question, (or whatever hidden meaning you might think is behind it) that would be a very appropriate way to answer it. You only have the experience and skills built up in undergraduate and possibly post bac education to draw from, but those study skills and good habits have gotten you to this point. 

I would give examples of how you have learned to deal with stress in both academic and professional settings. Good study skills can certainly be applied to graduate programs the same as undergraduate. If you have taken classes while working (or had some other large responsibility in addition to school work) then that would be a great example of how you assign priorities, manage deadlines and juggle multiple pulls at your attention while still maintaining a high GPA. It seems to me they want to know that you can handle what is undoubtedly an intense program, and that you can speak about it intelligently. 

The nice thing about PA programs is that they are very focused, and generally small, so I would think that like any other small, close knit group, there is a vested interest among the members of the group to have everyone succeed. There is also a lot of support to ensure that you do succeed. 

Good luck on your interview, hope that helps a little!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I was told I was #4 on the wait list, so thank you so much for posting that you will be accepting elsewhere! It's so stress relieving to have a little information!

Does anyone know what the stats are for acceptance off the wait list?? I know it can vary so much from year to year and program to program, so it's probably just another round of agonizing 'wait and see'. 

Is anyone else on the wait list???

-Adrian

Adrian,

I interviewed in November and received an email yesterday that I was on the waitlist as well! But when I asked where I was on the list, they told me they don't have an order for the waitlist. I find this odd since I saw your post about being #4 on the waitlist, but I didn't want to press the matter. I also asked them how many people have been accepted from the waitlist in previous years, and they just said it varies. Have you received any more info since you were told you were on the waitlist?

Does anyone understand what their process is for wait listed individuals since they "don't have an order" for us chosen to be on the list?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

-Liz

Adrian,

I interviewed in November and received an email yesterday that I was on the waitlist as well! But when I asked where I was on the list, they told me they don't have an order for the waitlist. I find this odd since I saw your post about being #4 on the waitlist, but I didn't want to press the matter. I also asked them how many people have been accepted from the waitlist in previous years, and they just said it varies. Have you received any more info since you were told you were on the waitlist?

Does anyone understand what their process is for wait listed individuals since they "don't have an order" for us chosen to be on the list?

Thanks and good luck everyone!

-Liz

yeah, absolutely possible that I misinterpreted. good point about the cohort #4. (although #4 on the waitlist sounds waaay better!) They said this in the email: 

" You have been placed on our interview waitlist, #4. We will notify you on January 2017 or sooner whether a seat has become available for the next incoming cohort. 

So I took it as position #4, and didn't want to bother them too much, other than to say I was still definitely interested. But, since you spoke to them, I guess I'd go with what they said -- that they don't have a order -- although the email is a little wishy washy .....  

I dunno. I would love to be accepted, but it seems the odds seem rather small at this point, sigh. 

yeah, no idea. I know most schools have at least the number of people in the class, on the waitlist. But that doesn't narrow it down very much. 

I think statistically speaking its a reasonable accomplishment to get on the waitlist considering all the people who apply, and then those who interview and are rejected. 

I've looked online an there are no stats on how many people are accepted off the waitlist from any schools really, they don't release that info at all. 

Just comes down to a wait and see, I guess!

Archived