Heritage University 2016-2017

Best of Luck to the November interviewees! How do you all feel like your interviews went? 

Were they similar to your other interviews? 

Were there only group interviews with other candidates or were you able to have one on one interviews with the admissions panel? 

Also, how much time do you have to answer questions if you are in a room with other candidates? I feel like it might be hard to say all that you would like to say in just a couple of minutes. 

Definitely starting to feel the pressure! Any suggestions and/or advice is very much welcome :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best of Luck to the November interviewees! How do you all feel like your interviews went? 

Were there only group interviews with other candidates or were you able to have one on one interviews with the admissions panel? 

Also, how much time do you have to answer questions if you are in a room with other candidates? I feel like it might be hard to say all that you would like to say in just a couple of minutes. 

Definitely starting to feel the pressure! Any suggestions and/or advice is very much welcome :)

Although it was a semi group interview process, you are able to say as much or as little as you like. There really was no time limit and I felt I got to say everything I wanted. You just might have to be a little creative so you dont say the exact same thing as the person before you ;)

There are no one on on interviews. You get about 45ish minutes in each interview (3 small group interviews, 1large group exercise.)

I felt it was a pretty relaxed process and it was almost easier with your peers by your side. 

I felt like my interview went okay. I probably could have gone over some more practice questions. I thought i said the word "um" a lot. This was my first interview so I have no other program to reference it to. It was a group interview but each candidate answered each question individually. Some interviewers even gave different questions per candidate in the room. There is a time constraint on each interview session so they ask to limit all the questions to no more than 5 min. They will brief you all on the procedure when you guys show up. Best advice is to look up possible  interview questions online and to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. And don't lie! best of luck!

Thank you for taking the time to meet with us during the Selection Conference for the Physician Assistant Educational Program at Heritage University. The Selection Committee appreciated learning more about your skills and accomplishments. They realize all of the effort you put into completing the application process and the time spent to prepare and interview with us.

As you know, applying to Physician Assistant Programs is highly competitive and out of the hundreds of applications we received, only a selected few were interviewed. Unfortunately, we felt others were a better fit for our program at this time. If you have concerns that your academic history/GPA may have kept you from being selected, Heritage University offers a pre-health professions program that may help you prove your academic abilities, the Master of Arts in Medical Sciences program (MAMS). A high percentage of students from this program have successfully gone on to the medical school, school of dentistry, and physician assistant program of their choice after completion.

Due to the high volume of applications, we will not be able to provide individual feedback at this time but we wish you good luck in attaining your goal of becoming a physician assistant. 

Thank you once again for your interest. The CASPA application cycle will open again in April to re-apply. Please refer to our webpage for further details.  

Ya, what were your stats? I am curious. Yours too rk_pancholy? I have a science GPA of 3.82 and have over 10000 hours of experience.

I have 3.6 science GPA and 3000 hrs of patient care experience . Their main concern is type and total no of patient care hrs. Their interview process including essay writing is way over hyped than the program they are representing. I have attended Ivy League school interview , even they don't act like the way heritage acted - my observation not a personal opinion.Not a single person on committee spoke about their participation in AAPA except in  local Washington chapter even thou they write about advancement of PA profession in their university goals. 

@rk_pancholy

I hear that. They are a bit big for their own britches. Your grades and hours seem respectable, but I have come to realize that Heritage has a very clear and biased agenda.

@winniethepooh

Congrats.  Are you still interviewing in Nevada?

@rk_pancholy

I hear that. They are a bit big for their own britches. Your grades and hours seem respectable, but I have come to realize that Heritage has a very clear and biased agenda.

@winniethepooh

I am interviewing with UNR next month. What do you think is their biased agenda?

I have 3.6 science GPA and 3000 hrs of patient care experience . Their main concern is type and total no of patient care hrs. Their interview process including essay writing is way over hyped than the program they are representing. I have attended Ivy League school interview , even they don't act like the way heritage acted - my observation not a personal opinion.Not a single person on committee spoke about their participation in AAPA except in  local Washington chapter even thou they write about advancement of PA profession in their university goals.

I don't think their main concern was number of hours. I received an acceptance and I had a little over half of the hours you did. Their interview process is quite common, and one I think is pretty important when you're trying to determine good quality candidates. It doesn't matter if it's in little Yakima versus the big city-every program wants the best of the best. I also made it a point to bring up the AAPA in my interview to get more information and show I had done some research. If you're so quick to badmouth the program, why did you apply in the first place?  

@rk_pancholy

@winniethepooh

What makes you say they are biased?

I don't think their main concern was number of hours. I received an acceptance and I had a little over half of the hours you did. Their interview process is quite common, and one I think is pretty important when you're trying to determine good quality candidates. It doesn't matter if it's in little Yakima versus the big city-every program wants the best of the best. I also made it a point to bring up the AAPA in my interview to get more information and show I had done some research. If you're so quick to badmouth the program, why did you apply in the first place?   What makes you say they are biased?

People share what they observe. Stop ABUSING and ACCUSING other people. Nursing might not have taught you manners but I hope PA school can. Good Luck

People share what they observe. Stop ABUSING and ACCUSING other people. Nursing might not have taught you manners but I hope PA school can. Good Luck

I'm also sharing what I observed, and was honestly asking for your opinions to back your statements. No accusing or abusing here. I thought it fair for you to share your reasoning in case someone applying in the future views this. I'm not sure when dialogue became rude. I do think it's unfair for someone interested in this program to read about it being biased or negative with unbacked claims from someone who might just be upset they weren't accepted. I didn't want that to be the situation, so I asked for honest clarification.

I'm also sharing what I observed, and was honestly asking for your opinions to back your statements. No accusing or abusing here. I thought it fair for you to share your reasoning in case someone applying in the future views this. I'm not sure when dialogue became rude. I do think it's unfair for someone interested in this program to read about it being biased or negative with unbacked claims from someone who might just be upset they weren't accepted. I didn't want that to be the situation, so I asked for honest clarification.

I did not say program is biased in the first place ( that is in someone else post ). And for you info,  Ivy League schools don't equate to big city schools but it certainly equate to quality for sure. People have the right to express their opinions but your reaction " Why you applied ...you are quick in bad mouthing "  is certainly not appreciable and can offend many people.

I did not say program is biased in the first place ( that is in someone else post ). And for you info, Ivy League schools don't equate to big city schools but it certainly equate to quality for sure. People have the right to express their opinions but your reaction " Why you applied ...you are quick in bad mouthing " is certainly not appreciable and can offend many people.

Never meant to offend-it is an honest question, especially when you say that quality schools are the Ivy League schools. It just made me wonder why you applied if it seemed low quality or whatnot. The majority of the top programs aren't even league schools. And you're right, I misspoke to you about the bias comment, sorry.

Never meant to offend-it is an honest question, especially when you say that quality schools are the Ivy League schools. It just made me wonder why you applied if it seemed low quality or whatnot. The majority of the top programs aren't even league schools. And you're right, I misspoke to you about the bias comment, sorry.

Each school have their own strength and I never mentioned that other schools are not good or below the quality line. Schools invite to know more about the candidates when they see potential and candidates apply/interview when they see their goals are aligned with the program goals. Pay attention to your words ( low quality or whatnot ) and passing personal opinions about others ( when you don't under stand something , don't jump to conclusions ). End of the conversation...thanks and good luck.

Archived