2016-2017 application cycle

Update by tomorrow morning.

Ps. That admissions office hates me ha!

Ahhhhaha yay :) I'm so happy you're persistent! I leave for a conference this week and didn't want to be obsessing over my email while I'm gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emailed Tonette again this morning, and emailed DeRosa this afternoon. He meant to forward my email to Tonette and said "please respond to him Tonette" but he accidentally sent it to me. I told him that and since then have heard nothing -_____- Don't know what else to do short of driving up there and making her talk to me haha not sure what is going on but if you guys start calling one of us is bound to get a response.........maybe haha

May update-

Wait List:

1.                                    11.

2.                                    12.

3.                                    13.

4. alexar                         14.

5. Hungrybee                 15.

6. levy_i                         16.

7. Elliemay                     17.

8.                                    18.

9.                                    19.

10.                                  20.

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard from the other programs I'm waitlisted at that more movement happens later in summer....June-August. Not sure though and it feels like a strange year where not much movement is happening anywhere at all. Putting my app together again to be safe 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing no one has heard any news lately either? I tried to see if anyone new was added to the SMU PA class of 2019 Facebook group but it's private and wasn't much help. I'm finalizing my applications and will be submitting at the end of this month. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I get a call. Will let you guys know if I hear anything, good news for me is good news for you guys too! Maybe they had a ton of movement this month with some programs starting already (can you tell I'm trying really hard to be optimistic lol).

I'm guessing no one has heard any news lately either? I tried to see if anyone new was added to the SMU PA class of 2019 Facebook group but it's private and wasn't much help. I'm finalizing my applications and will be submitting at the end of this month. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I get a call. Will let you guys know if I hear anything, good news for me is good news for you guys too! Maybe they had a ton of movement this month with some programs starting already (can you tell I'm trying really hard to be optimistic lol).

Love the optimism :) I think I'm gonna shift gears and commit to an OTD program I was accepted into this fall. Which will be good news for all those in line behind me!

Hi all,

Current student c/o 2017 here. Don't give up! i'd like to say up to 10 (approx) out of 44 were from the waitlist, including our current president.  We had someone defer too late and didn't even show up to orientation. There will be instances where they will ask if you want to still come the day before or day of orientation.  If you're on the wait list, the fight isn't over.  Best of luck!

Hi all,

Current student c/o 2017 here. Don't give up! i'd like to say up to 10 (approx) out of 44 were from the waitlist, including our current president. We had someone defer too late and didn't even show up to orientation. There will be instances where they will ask if you want to still come the day before or day of orientation. If you're on the wait list, the fight isn't over. Best of luck!

Thanks for the encouragement!! We should hopefully be getting an update from Tonette soon!

On 6/24/2017 at 9:44 PM, hungrybee said:

Love the optimism :) I think I'm gonna shift gears and commit to an OTD program I was accepted into this fall. Which will be good news for all those in line behind me!

Congrats on the OTD program!! Best of luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, levy_i said:

Tonette just sent another update.

I've decided to accept a seat at another program in Denver. Wanted Samuel Merritt but can't keep waiting. Good luck everyone! 

Congrats levy_i! Good luck in Colorado! I got the email too and am now 2nd on the waitlist, still hoping there's a chance. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2017 at 0:03 PM, Terrified said:

So happy for those accepted off the waitlist, however I'm wondering why Samuel Merritt is filling spots so late?  Is that concerning?

Not concerning at all. Life happens and sometimes previously accepted students have situations that make it so they can't attend. Further, a lot of programs started last month and more will start this month, so those students who were taken off of the waitlist at other programs (closer to their home, more in-tune with their personality, etc.) may have decided to leave their spot at SMU. The PA program at SMU does not begin for another month.

For last year's class, someone dropped out the day before orientation which offered up another spot to those still waiting. Worst case, if you are not accepted, make an appointment with SMU to go over your application/interview to see how you may improve for this upcoming cycle. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived