2016-2017 application cycle

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed on Feb 4. Its already end of Feb, I did not receive any call. I think from march its only rejection letter I guess. I really had high hopes with this program.

You're not out of it yet! They were still calling people with offers from the first interview date just yesterday. Also there's a long waitlist from which a number of people are drawn. They probably won't tell everyone about their standing on the waitlist until March 1st. Stay positive :) 

You're not out of it yet! They were still calling people with offers from the first interview date just yesterday. Also there's a long waitlist from which a number of people are drawn. They probably won't tell everyone about their standing on the waitlist until March 1st. Stay positive :) 

Thanks shrub, will hope for the best!

After reading the threads from prior years it looks like the person who was initially #15 on the wait list got accepted right before the program started last September and the year before that they took 13 people. I know these forums aren't always trustworthy but if those numbers are accurate that might give us a good idea as to how much movement they usually have on the wait list. Good luck to everyone!

Hey all,

Don't feel bad about not getting in or being in an unimpressive waitlist spot. You have to understand how awesome you truly are to have earned even an interview spot. You guys were in the top 5% of applicants and that is something to be proud of. Remember that this is a long and often difficult journey and that one rejection does not define you or your capabilities.  Have faith in your abilities and realize that you can do anything through hard work, dedication, and motivation! 

For those of you who did receive an acceptance, please join us on Facebook: Samuel Merritt University PA Class of 2019. 

-Meghan

I'm a little unsure why there are so many spots on the waitlist for a program of 44 seats but I'm sure there's a reason. I will be removing my name from the waitlist. I did not have a good spot so I'm not sure if this will help anyone. I did get into a another program and would like to say never give up! Have faith in God and yourself.

I'm a little unsure why there are so many spots on the waitlist for a program of 44 seats but I'm sure there's a reason. I will be removing my name from the waitlist. I did not have a good spot so I'm not sure if this will help anyone. I did get into a another program and would like to say never give up! Have faith in God and yourself.

Interestingly enough there are some programs that fully exhaust their waitlist trying to fill an upcoming class. For example, Pacific University's 2016 class had a waitlist 70 students deep, and they went through the whole thing. By having a long waitlist, they are prepared for anything that could happen no matter how unlikely. Nonetheless, congrats on making it into a program!

Interestingly enough there are some programs that fully exhaust their waitlist trying to fill an upcoming class. For example, Pacific University's 2016 class had a waitlist 70 students deep, and they went through the whole thing. By having a long waitlist, they are prepared for anything that could happen no matter how unlikely. Nonetheless, congrats on making it into a program!

looks like no rejection letters went. All those who interviewed are on waitlist.

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I was wondering if anybody knew how they arrange their waitlist. I applied last year and got wait-listed number 80 and I interviewed this year and was also placed on the waitlist at number 80. I spoke with someone last year on how I can improve my application and interview and I felt that I strengthened myself this year. Any advice would be great!

Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone who interviewed and those who have already been accepted.

For those of us on the wait list (I'm at 8), I was stalking the past couple admission year forums and noted that last year the number 12 wait listed spot was offered admissions in July and what I assume as the last accepted wait list candidate who was originally number 15 on the list stated he was offered admission just before the program started in September. Obviously, this will vary each year for each individual in a program seat as well as those on the list ahead of us but it helps give me a teeeeeny tiny amount of peace of mind to note that the wait list shifted up 12 spots by mid summer. 

Would you all be up for updating your "line numbers" as we get updates in the coming months? I think this would be helpful for us to see where positions are withdrawn and maybe help future classes track :) 

Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone who interviewed and those who have already been accepted.

For those of us on the wait list (I'm at 8), I was stalking the past couple admission year forums and noted that last year the number 12 wait listed spot was offered admissions in July and what I assume as the last accepted wait list candidate who was originally number 15 on the list stated he was offered admission just before the program started in September. Obviously, this will vary each year for each individual in a program seat as well as those on the list ahead of us but it helps give me a teeeeeny tiny amount of peace of mind to note that the wait list shifted up 12 spots by mid summer. 

Would you all be up for updating your "line numbers" as we get updates in the coming months? I think this would be helpful for us to see where positions are withdrawn and maybe help future classes track :) 

I think that is a great idea! Fingers crossed there is lots of movement on the wait list!

I am currently #7 on the wait list. Do we know who #1-6 are yet?

I think that is a great idea! Fingers crossed there is lots of movement on the wait list!

I am currently #7 on the wait list. Do we know who #1-6 are yet?

Hi alexar! woo hoo :) I havent seen anyone post yet about being 1-6. 

Someone from last year created a smart tally to keep track. I don't know how she did it though, hers looks much better lol. Ill attempt 1-20. 

1.                                    11.

2.                                    12.

3.                                    13.

4.                                    14.

5.                                    15.

6. alexar                         16.

7.                                    17.

8. Hungrybee                  18.

9.                                    19.

10.                                   20.

Noted PAmike91 was 22, Humble was 60, and Lechugaj 27 :) 

6.                                    16.

7. alexar                         17.

8. Hungrybee                 18.

9.                                    19.

10. Elliemay                    20.

Wait List:

6.                                    16.

7. alexar                         17.

8. Hungrybee                 18.

9. levy_i                          19.

10. Elliemay                    20.

Archived