Need advice PLEASE !!!

Dear respected members , 

I am a third time PA applicant and have been taking post bacc classes to raise my GPA. After few years of classes my GPA was raised from 2.7 to 2.99 ( I know ) and science GPA is 3.05 for this cycle. My post bacc is 3.47 in both sciences and over all. I currently work as a scribe and have 6000 hours of HCE with exceptional LORs, volunteer hours and shadowing experience. I love my job however scribe salary is not enough to financially support myself as I am hitting 30 in six months. I did receive two interviews last cycle and was placed on hold for interview at few other schools. I am in a dilemma should I pursue BSN for the time being to up my salary and experience ? I don't want to do anything besides PA and I am willing to face any challenge. I have looked into other options as well like special masters but they are way too expensive plus they require me to move out of state as well with no guarantee of admission into any PA program. Not that there is something wrong with these professions but I much rather prefer the medical model PA school follows. I really don't know what to do at this point. Should I continue to take classes ? I am quiet positive my GPA will be above 3.00 by this year IF I do decide to take classes in summer / fall. My GRE was also improved from 293 to 300 this this year. 

Your prudent advise is much appreciated. 

I think this is something only you can decide.  Getting a BSN is not without it's own financial costs and would essentially delay PA school further, no?  

I understand the need for making a real income but I guess I personally would try to use the degree I already have vs pursuing more school when the end goal is still PA school.  Maybe that's finding a job that pays the bills and continuing to scribe on weekends or off shifts or something.  There's no right answer...

It sounds like you need a job more than you need yet another degree. Your HCE is pretty good; maybe you can do that part-time and get a job that would increase your income.

Life is a balancing act. You did well in your post-bacc and you are getting interviews. You might consider how you are coming across in your interviews as, once you get interviews, applicants are back on a more-or-less level playing field.

Good luck!

Get Andy Rodican's Interview book. I killed my interview because of that book and because of doing several mock interviews. It seems like you're good enough to get interviews but perhaps not selling your self enough. Good luck, please don't stop trying!

Archived