Awaiting materials/Verifying

Hi all,

I paid for 5 applications this past Monday. My transcripts have been uploaded to CASPA since 5/25/2016 (that is the date that is marked) and all my letters are in. My status says Received (green) --> Awaiting materials (yellow) --> Verifying (grey)

From reading the FAQ, this means that my some/all of my letters or transcripts are missing but they are NOT. Everything is in. What is going on here? It says that for all 5 schools. 

Any help is appreciated as I have never applied through CASPA before and I'm pretty confused. 

Hi all,

I paid for 5 applications this past Monday. My transcripts have been uploaded to CASPA since 5/25/2016 (that is the date that is marked) and all my letters are in. My status says Received (green) --> Awaiting materials (yellow) --> Verifying (grey)

From reading the FAQ, this means that my some/all of my letters or transcripts are missing but they are NOT. Everything is in. What is going on here? It says that for all 5 schools.

Any help is appreciated as I have never applied through CASPA before and I'm pretty confused.

Could it be program materials, like answering questions and pre-requisites portion... Idk, you may want to call them tomorrow - they are really good about getting things done quickly if you call and let them know what's wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it be program materials, like answering questions and pre-requisites portion... Idk, you may want to call them tomorrow - they are really good about getting things done quickly if you call and let them know what's wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, all of that is done. I guess I will call tomorrow

I was in same position, caspa received all my transcripts but they linked them up to last years account! That made my current account show "awaiting matierials" even though I had notifications they arrived. I had to call to find out they did that, waited 2 weeks longer than needed for me to submit.

OP, I'm in a similar position. I feel like the "verifying" arrow should be colored instead of gray. I paid on Sunday, I have my transcripts in, and I have 2 letters in. I'm wondering if there is a problem or if this is normal. Maybe I should call them tomorrow. I thought I would've been verified by now especially since I'm a reapplicant and I only have 3 grades that need to be verified.

OP, I'm in a similar position. I feel like the "verifying" arrow should be colored instead of gray. I paid on Sunday, I have my transcripts in, and I have 2 letters in. I'm wondering if there is a problem or if this is normal. Maybe I should call them tomorrow. I thought I would've been verified by now especially since I'm a reapplicant and I only have 3 grades that need to be verified.

I think they verify the whole app. I've never heard that a reapplicant takes less time to verify.  Doesn't CASPA say it can take 4-6 weeks to be verified?!  It hasn't even been a week yet!

If you transferred your application from last cycle, yes, your previously verified coursework is already verified and won't be re-reviewed (CASPA FAQ:  All imported coursework verified in the previous application cycle is locked so that our staff knows what work has already been reviewed and which new work must be examined this cycle.).    The time it takes to verify is entirely dependent on how many apps have been submitted and are in the queue.  CASPA warns that it could take up to 4 weeks, but it rarely does.  

But if you think everything should be there and your application should be in "verifying" status, by all means, after a few days, you should check with them as to what is missing.

So, I called and they said there was an error with one of my transcripts. They sent it to their tech department and my app is now finally in the verifying stage. I recommend calling them so you can straighten your situation out, too!

I think they verify the whole app. I've never heard that a reapplicant takes less time to verify.  Doesn't CASPA say it can take 4-6 weeks to be verified?!  It hasn't even been a week yet!

They're not going to waste their time reverifying something if it's all the same! It even says "verified" with the green check mark on all those transcripts :) I was hoping to at least have it say "verifying" on my last transcript but it doesn't :(

If you transferred your application from last cycle, yes, your previously verified coursework is already verified and won't be re-reviewed (CASPA FAQ:  All imported coursework verified in the previous application cycle is locked so that our staff knows what work has already been reviewed and which new work must be examined this cycle.).    The time it takes to verify is entirely dependent on how many apps have been submitted and are in the queue.  CASPA warns that it could take up to 4 weeks, but it rarely does.  

But if you think everything should be there and your application should be in "verifying" status, by all means, after a few days, you should check with them as to what is missing.

So, I called and they said there was an error with one of my transcripts. They sent it to their tech department and my app is now finally in the verifying stage. I recommend calling them so you can straighten your situation out, too!

Eliam22, I'm glad your situation was fixed! I just called them and there was a problem with one of last year's transcripts. It doesn't make sense - they said the system was still waiting for that transcript but I never took any new classes at that school so I didn't resend it. Plus, it said it was already verified from last year! So the person I spoke with took a look at it and sent a ticket to the support team to get it fixed. I'm waiting on an email confirmation of that now. I hope they can move me back into the queue from the date that I paid because this problem was not my fault. She said they are currently still verifying submissions from June 1.

They're not going to waste their time reverifying something if it's all the same! It even says "verified" with the green check mark on all those transcripts :) I was hoping to at least have it say "verifying" on my last transcript but it doesn't :(

My bad.  I forgot we were a year removed from the new system change when *everything* had to be entered anew and nothing carried over.

Nope, all of that is done. I guess I will call tomorrow

I just called CASPA and they informed me that in my case "Awaiting Materials" meant that Professional Transcript Entry had begun and would take up to 10 business days. Once my transcripts are entered, my application will be marked as Completed. After that, the entered transcript must be reviewed and accepted (by me) like my other smaller transcripts and then submitted to be Verified, which will take another several days.

Not sure that I saved myself any time or frustration with the professional transcript entry. We'll see how long it all takes.

Archived