Biochemistry Pre-req

I was hoping to register for Biochemistry for Fall 2016 at my undergrad college, but the class filled up before I was able to enroll. On top of that, I found out that my school doesn't have a Biochemistry lab. Is this typical?? Even if I did get a seat in the class, would I be screwed with the lack of lab component? I am considering taking the course online, but I'm reading some schools don't like that. Ultimately, my question is were any of you substantially limited by not having a laboratory component to Biochemistry?

^^Same. I would definitely find a way to take it and in person (as opposed to online) if possible. Biochem dramatically increased the number of schools I qualified for.

Biochem is the only science prereq that I've seen that doesn't need a lab. So just keep in mind that you need labs for all the rest. (I'm sure you knew that already!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is considerable variety in prereqs. None of the schools I applied to in 2003 for 2004 entry required biochem lab. It is  an excellent course and probably is best done after your first organic prereq (my schools only required one and no labs, but I had already taken 3 quarters with the labs).

Good luck.

Archived