Chance me, please!

Hi everyone, another chance me thread!

Just curious where I stand, would like a new set of eyes on my stats.

Overall GPA: 3.95

Science GPA: 3.76

I have already submitted my CASPA application for the 2016-2017 cycle. Verified 5/17/16

GRE: 311-- 160 Verbal, 151 Quant, 5.0 Writing

I have 2200+ hrs of direct patient care experience as a medical assistant at a clinic and as a diet technician in a hospital.

1100+ hrs of healthcare related experience, by working as a clinical administrative assistant, volunteering at hospitals, attending Grand Rounds through my hospital network.

30+ hrs of shadowing practitioners, one of which is a PA; includes watching surgeries

200+ hrs of volunteer service as a co-director my church's youth group, mission trip to Penasco, NM, member of the Christian Education Committee at my church, volunteer at a multi-cultural, low-income local elementary school in my hometown, member of two service fraternities in college

3 letters of recommendation: one from a PA, one from my clinical supervisor, and one from a college professor of Anatomy of Physiology

I have a bachelor of science in Biology; graduated May 2014.

I can speak and write Spanish at an intermediate level.

I am a 24 year old hispanic/white female.

I have not participated in any clinical research. I was a lab member in a study involving bats. :)

I'm applying to Oklahoma City University, Baylor College of Medicine, University of North Texas HS Center Ft Worth, University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, UT Southwestern, University of Oklahoma at Tulsa, and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, a total of 7 schools.

I think my biggest weakness is lack of more PA shadow hours, personally.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks, y'all! Well, I have researched what a good candidate looks like, and it seems my stats are comparable, if not even above average, but I also know I can fail to see the "holes" sometimes. I guess an affirmation helps as well. I appreciate the reply, thanks again.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the responses.

Any tips for interviews or books to read for prep? I was planning on reading a book on the history of the PA profession, and of course reading into what each program offers, their history, what makes them special. I plan on making my own questions to ask them too.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the responses.

Any tips for interviews or books to read for prep? I was planning on reading a book on the history of the PA profession, and of course reading into what each program offers, their history, what makes them special. I plan on making my own questions to ask them too.

I usually refer to this website: http://doseofpa.blogspot.com/2014/03/physician-assistant-school-interview.html

Archived