Courses in progress, should I apply now or wait??

Hey guys,

So I'm currently taking two bio classes for the spring quarter that finish at the end of June. I'm guessing official transcript won't be ready until early July in which case I could then send to CASPA for verification. It seems like this will push apps back until at least August which is starting to feel pretty late. I was wondering if I should just apply now, leave them as "in progress" and then send updated transcripts directly to schools, or if I should hold off until they're all ready. I've seen similar posts but I'm having a hard time figuring it out. Thanks!!

I think it depends on a lot of things. First, what schools are you applying to? I believe some schools frown upon not being completely finished--even though there website may say complete before matriculation. On the other hand I think some school could care less, as long as your projected courses are in progress, and you have a dependable GPA.

I would probably say apply now, with your courses in progress. Your right, August is pushing it for many schools.

Good luck

When in doubt... always check the CASPA FAQ! No your transcripts will not be accepted if you send them individually to the schools unless the school is not using CASPA (not sure how non-CASPA schools work). They must be mailed to CASPA and it must be through your school registrar office. Then CASPA must verify them.

That being said it's all dependent on the school if you should apply now or wait. I know some programs would not consider you unless you complete the prereqs by their application due date. Some allow you to have up to a certain number of prereqs in progress while you apply.

August might be too late for some schools. I applied in August and I felt I should've applied earlier to have the best chance.

Archived