Question about Evaluations Waiver

There is a huge benefit to clicking yes and waive your rights.

By doing so, you will not have access to your LOR (this seem to be a good thing) and Adcoms will see this as a positive.

If you click no...you get to read your evaluations which insinuates you do not trust your writers.

READ the CASPA FAQ. You do not have access to see your LORs via CASPA but it explains what it means in depth.

”YES, I Waive My Right”

Selecting “YES” indicates to the school that your evaluator wrote their letter of recommendation with the understanding that you would never be allowed to view it. If you select this option, you will never see the content of your letter. However, programs may view this type of letter as a more accurate representation of an applicant’s qualifications.

“NO, I Do Not Waive My Right”

Selecting “NO” indicates to the school that your evaluator wrote their reference with the understanding that you may choose to view it in the future. Please note, however, that checking this option will NOT allow you to view your reference via CASPA. If you have not waived the right to view your reference, you may ask your reference for a copy of their recommendation, or, once you matriculate into a PA program, you may ask to view the reference in their offices. However, programs may view this type of letter as a less accurate representation of an applicant’s qualifications.

I'm currently filling out my CASPA. Under "Create Evaluation Request", there is a section that reads, "I waive my right of access to this evaluation. Yes or No"

Is there a benefit or disadvantage to checking yes or no?

Thank you.

Sara Z

Waive access. I've never heard of a good reason not to and you don't want to suggest (whether or not it matters to adcoms) that your letter is less than completely accurate. 

Agree with all of the above.  If you don't waive it, it seems like you might think you got poor LORs and will want to review them later in case you don't get accepted in order to view and figure out who the problem was.  It's a nitpicking thing but you might as well play the game.

Archived