Entering Experience information

When entering information into the experience section the address, supervisor, and release authorization is optional. Is it a major negative if you leave those fields blank or do not give authorization? I'm not trying to hide information or lie about any experience, its just that a few of my experiences I never had any contact with the actual supervisor, don't know the address for a club, or don't want to bother the supervisor if a program happens to ask and them and they have no idea who i am because i never met them. 

Thanks!

Some of my experience was so old, the supervisor is deceased.  For some, the hospital (a small regional satellite facility) is long since closed.  But the fields weren't optional on CASPA.  My solution was to put what I could, even if I just had street but no number, and use my own phone number, and then included more specifics in the description of work, i.e., I put in parentheses at the end of the description "regional satellite hospital, now closed" in some and "Physician deceased" in another .  If the field is optional, consider leaving it blank, but explaining why (in bumper sticker format - they can ask for more detail if they want it) in an appropriate free-form field.  Like coptoPA, it never came up in any of my interviews.  

Some of my experience was so old, the supervisor is deceased.  For some, the hospital (a small regional satellite facility) is long since closed.  But the fields weren't optional on CASPA.  My solution was to put what I could, even if I just had street but no number, and use my own phone number, and then included more specifics in the description of work, i.e., I put in parentheses at the end of the description "regional satellite hospital, now closed" in some and "Physician deceased" in another .  If the field is optional, consider leaving it blank, but explaining why (in bumper sticker format - they can ask for more detail if they want it) in an appropriate free-form field.  Like coptoPA, it never came up in any of my interviews.  

Same boat here.  When we get older, the then older SP's may now be deceased.  If so, I just note it in parentheses that individual is deceased, though I still list the SP by name and the associated clinic/practice.

I was wondering the same thing. Although my experiences were previous jobs and current jobs so I have the information that is listed as optional. I am only hesitant to list them cause I don't want them calling and getting fired (I actually had a boss fire me because he knew I was going back to school and wouldn't be staying long term) so as you can see I am a little hesitant. However, don't want it to hurt me from getting in if I don't list the 'optional' information.

Archived