Do I have chance to get in PA schools?

Overall GPA 3.43, 2C's in my pre-req courses (chem lab and biochem)

Pre-req GPA coming out to be ~3.3

Volunteered in hospitals (~300hrs)

CNA (~100hrs – present)

Medical scribe in the ED (~600hrs – present)

​International medical volunteer for 25 days in a private hospital

Total all together ~1100hrs

Here is list of schools I am thinking to apply

Wingate univ

wichita states 

Univ of sciences of Philadelphia

Univ of Texas Rio Grand Valley

Univ of Kentucky

Rutgers Univ

Philadelphia Univ

PCOM

Loma linda univ

George Washington Univ

Nova

Univ of Fl

Pacific Univ

Your healthcare experience is my personal point of concern. Some programs don't consider medical scribe as direct patient care and while volunteering is a good addition to have as experience, it shouldn't be your main source of experience. Paid healthcare experience is preferred by most programs.

My personal opinion is that with the stats you provided, you're on the edge and whether you get accepted or denied somewhere is a 50/50 chance. If you're willing to spend the money to apply to schools who have a lower healthcare experience requirement, it's up to you.

I would focus on crafting a solid personal statement and securing amazing letters of recommendation from either MDs, PAs, NPs, college professors or clinical manager.

Best of luck!

Your volunteer time probably won't count as HCE - so you have <1000 hours (and as others have said, scribe is hit or miss).

I'd say GWU and UF are definitely reach schools.  I don't know much about the rest of them.

You need to make sure you have a dazzling PS and LOR bc nothing here really stands out...

Archived