Honest Opinion about Stats

I would say Wake and Duke may be reach schools for you for sure - if you're fine spending the money to see what happens, go for it.  But if you are watching a tight budget, those would be the first two I'd take off the list.  Your grades are decent for them, your HCE is severely lacking (not all programs accept dental assistant and that leaves you at <1000 hrs HCE) and your GRE won't win against many other applicants they get (it's not terrible, it's fine, just average).

You have plenty of hours of shadowing MDs but only a few shadowing a PA, in addition to building up the HCE, I would try to squeeze in some more PA shadowing just to make it clear to adcoms that you really know the difference between the two and that you're sure its the career for you.

agree with above. GPA is fine. try to increase HCE and shadowing hours of PA and maybe get in at a hospital as a CNA? I was a CNA at assisted living facility, applied to local hospital and they trained me to be a PCT(draw blood and perform EKG's)  in the ED. 

Archived