• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DLuong

Hey everyone, I was notified of my decision today. I've already started my process of becoming a better applicant next time around. Tomorrow starts today.

To those who got in: Darren, Frances, Robert - CONGRATS and it was great meeting and briefly getting to know you guys! GL and maybe i'll see you guys sometime soon.

Hey everyone, I was notified of my decision today. I've already started my process of becoming a better applicant next time around. Tomorrow starts today.

To those who got in: Darren, Frances, Robert - CONGRATS and it was great meeting and briefly getting to know you guys! GL and maybe i'll see you guys sometime soon.

Thanks David. It was awesome meeting you. You have such a great spirit. =) Keep in touch. We will see you next year!!

Hello folks;

On behalf of the program we thank everyone who participated in the admission cycle and your interest in the program. We are almost done. This was the program's second cycle of 250+ applications. This doesn't mean that anyone who didn't get in is a bad person or a failure. We know it can be disappointing if one does not get in. It was highly competitive like everywhere else. Letters will be forthcoming over the next month or so. From what I have seen so far, areas of weakness have been any of the following: grades, HCE, interview skills, knowledge of the profession, potential to meet the mission of the program. It was a very competitive applicant pool for a small program like ours. We will try and recommend ways to strengthen an application in the letter (if it is possible). It takes a while to summarize interviewer's comments. Please be patient. If forum members wish to email me (email is best way to get a response) at the program, I will try and answer admission questions that I can. LesH@sjvc.edu I will answer as soon as I can, but it may take some time.

LesH

David, it was great meeting you too. I am certain we'll be meeting again soon. Thanks for the kinds words! Take care and keep in touch.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

All remaining letters on applicant status should be on their way via regular mail. Hopefully, they all will be received by the April 15th deadline. We have been mailing letters out for the past month and a half. If you do not receive a letter by April 15 please notify the program. We will not go into detail on status over the phone. Monica will be making appointments to meet with me starting in May, if the letter was not clear on recommendations to strengthen an application. I know this is disappointing bad news. I also know that we spend a good deal of time trying to make sure that people we accept do matriculate and pass the PANCE. We try to give the best direction based on interviewer's comments and the overall application.

It was a very competitive cycle and our second year of 250+ applications. We are sorry that we could not grant interviews to everyone. We only interviewed and accepted those that showed greatest potential to: 1)succeed in the program and; 2) meet our stated mission. California Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development representatives have requested the program increase focus on Primary Care needs of the State of California. Especially the Central Valley, since ACA will increase the need for PC Clinicians starting 2014.

The local medical community (that supports the entire clinical year) requested participation in the selection of their workforce. Lead PAs and PA Clinical Directors from the largest FQHC Rural Health Care Networks and Emergency Physician Groups, in the Central Valley, were on a majority of the interview panels. Please read and act on their recommendations should you decide to reapply.

Thanks for your interest in the SJVC Primary Care PA program,

LesH

Archived