Clarkson University:New York

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have an interview on April 13th at Clarkson, and will be coming from Florida. I read on their website that the best bet is to fly to SYR and take a bus to Potsdam. Would anyone be able to refer some hotel and let me know if a rental car is required and all the ins and outs of staying in Potsdam? Thank you for your help!

Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ mwmwmw80

The program is super small at just 20 students. Although I here we may get 24 students in the 2016 class since we've been re-accredited for another 7 years. 

The program does use real cadavers and we do get to choose two elective rotations. The best part of the elective rotation is that it can be done in other states as long as those states allow Clarkson PA students. 

The interview itself was LONG, but I had a lot of fun throughout the whole process. Just make sure that you stand out among the crowd. Everyeone there will have stellar GPAs and lots of experience, but you want to talk about what makes you, uniquely you. That is the most important first step, especially in the beginning of the interview process where they make everyone go round robin and introduce themselves. MAKE SURE TO STAND OUT! Also, answer questions honestly and be prepared to ask thought provoking questions to the professors when you're doing your individual interviews. 

SUPER IMPORTANT:

1) Stand out but be yourself at the same time. (don't know if that makes sense or not lol)

2) You're being evaluated at all times, not only by the professors but by the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students that interact with you throughout the day. Be social, engage others in conversation and show that your the type of person they want at Clarkson.

3) Answer all questions honestly and don't crack during the interview process. If you get asked a hard question, be prepared to come up with a calm and rational response.

I don't want to give too much away about the interview process, but I do hope this helps. Good luck! 

• 5 months later...

Hello all, 

I am a current applicant for the Clarkson University's PA program starting in January 2017. I received an interview for next February :) words cannot contain my excitement! Does anyone have any tips or pointers on how to prepare for this interview? I'm quite nervous as this program is one of my top choices and the class size is quite small. I will be coming from Texas and read on their website to fly to SYR and take a bus to Potsdam. Would anyone be able to refer some hotel and let me know if a rental car is required and all the ins and outs of staying in Potsdam? Thank you for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

I am a current applicant for the Clarkson University's PA program starting in January 2017. I received an interview for next February :) words cannot contain my excitement! Does anyone have any tips or pointers on how to prepare for this interview? I'm quite nervous as this program is one of my top choices and the class size is quite small. I will be coming from Texas and read on their website to fly to SYR and take a bus to Potsdam. Would anyone be able to refer some hotel and let me know if a rental car is required and all the ins and outs of staying in Potsdam? Thank you for your help!

Hi gec422,

Congrats on your interview invite. I'm amazed you've been offered one so early in the cycle. I was offered an interview in the very first group of a cycle but wasn't notified until February.

For tips or pointers, see hao1031's post above. They'll be forwarding along an itinerary for the day as the day approaches.

There are two hotels in Potsdam. There is the Clarkson Inn located in downtown Potsdam, about a block from the interview site and a block from the bus station. However, it's the pricier of the two options. I wouldn't say you need a car if you stay at the Clarkson Inn. The second is the Hampton Inn which is about a 20 min walk from the interview site and bus station. Though it's cheaper, you'd probably end up at least getting a taxi if not renting a car (assuming your interview is in the winter) so the cost difference between the two is likely a wash. I don't know what the costs are, but perhaps renting a car in Syracuse and driving up would be cheaper than taking a bus /and/ renting a car.

Not too many "ins and outs" other than that. Potsdam is a nice, quiet north country town; There's not a whole lot going on which people both love and hate. Though there isn't a whole lot going on, it is still a college town, so there's not *nothing* going on. It's a nice place without too many distractions to focus on two of the craziest years of your formal education...there're plenty of distractions when you actually do have some time off from classes and studying: close proximity to hiking in the Adirondacks and close proximity to touristy things in Ottawa as well.

Best Luck.

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone else heard back regarding an interview? Also, do you guys mind sharing your stats? For the people who already had an interview, what did you think of the program, faculty, and interview. Did you guys meet previous students, is the population diverse.I know Im asking a bunch of questions, and im sorry lol. Im just trying to see what people think of the program. I actually really like program from what ive seen so far.

my stats are, cum: 3.2, science: 2.99,

Currently i am getting my masters

Archived