Question help

Yes. Most programs are around 2 to 2.5 years. Plenty of them are very good. You'll have to decide which ones best fit you, though.

Yes. You can attend school in any state an work in any other provided that you get licensed in that state. As a PA-C you are eligible to apply for a license wherever you want.

PS...A PA school advisor who can't answer that question is not very good at their job. That's pretty basic stuff...

Yeah... I doubt you actually talked with an admissions counselor if she couldn't answer a basic question like that. You need to do some research on the profession, but here's how it usually goes: apply, matriculate, learn, graduate, pass boards, get licensed in your chosen state, find a job. The last two sometimes get flipped around, as I've heard of plenty of people finding jobs while their licensure is pending. As long as the school you go to is accredited, you can take the PANCE and get a license to practice. And I clicked the link you put up - on their front page they have their current accreditation status. So there you go.

24 months to be able to practice medicine IS accelerated.

The only concern you should have about whether you can practice in your chosen state (Ca) is whether the school is accredited by the NCCPA. Graduation from accredited schools allows you to take the national certification exam. That certification lets you practice in any state.

Are their any accelerated PA programs?

You need to take some time out of your day(or several days) to start looking into the PA profession if you're seriously considering it. Invest some time into finding out the basics and then come back if you're still unsure about something. A good first step would be to read some of the stickies in the pre-PA forum.

Archived